PDA

View Full Version : How do you auto resolve lockpicking?

Mad Mike
04-06-06, 11:50 AM
Stupid question to be sure, but I can't figure out how to click on the auto resolve or close options in the lockpicking screen. All I can control is the lockpick, lol.

Thanks in advance for helping a nOoB!

CaptNKILL
04-06-06, 12:26 PM
Just move the mouse a lot in one direction and your cursor will be visible.

Mad Mike
04-06-06, 12:32 PM
Just move the mouse a lot in one direction and your cursor will be visible.

Holey cripe, I didn't read this in the manual, which is unacceptable IMHO. Thanks for the help. Didn't occur to me that I had to spaz my mouse for such a simple task. Why is there no key for this? I hate console port designs. :thumbdwn:

CaptNKILL
04-06-06, 12:39 PM
Holey cripe, I didn't read this in the manual, which is unacceptable IMHO. Thanks for the help. Didn't occur to me that I had to spaz my mouse for such a simple task. Why is there no key for this? I hate console port designs. :thumbdwn:
Its not that complicated really, you just move your mouse to the edge of the screen... Im surprised you actually had to post about this before you tried moving the mouse :p

Mad Mike
04-06-06, 01:33 PM
But I didn't see any reason to move my mouse beyond the lockpick area...there was nothing to indicate a cursor. I actually tried moving down towards the buttons, but nothing happened...guess I'll shake it up tonight. I don't care what you say, that's piss poor design.

That, or I'm just stupid...I'd rather blame them though. :D

CaptNKILL
04-06-06, 01:36 PM
But I didn't see any reason to move my mouse beyond the lockpick area...there was nothing to indicate a cursor. I actually tried moving down towards the buttons, but nothing happened...guess I'll shake it up tonight. I don't care what you say, that's piss poor design.

That, or I'm just stupid...I'd rather blame them though. :D
haha, fair enough :D

SH64
04-06-06, 04:36 PM
Yeah it was somewhat hard to figure .. cant blame ya!

nV`andrew
04-06-06, 04:37 PM
now sum1 tell me where to get picks, taking me forever to open even easy ones, so now i need to stock up on them

SH64
04-06-06, 04:53 PM
now sum1 tell me where to get picks, taking me forever to open even easy ones, so now i need to stock up on them
Either join the thieves guild & then fences will sell them to you or look for them in boxes , chests , bandit camps & dungeons.

rewt
04-06-06, 05:05 PM
There was at least one mission I completed where all the monsters I killed had lockpicks on them.

Does this auto resolve thing even work? I tried it on an easy or average lock and it fails instantly. I'd rather just pick them myself if thats the case. I've gotten rather good at it anyways..

SH64
04-06-06, 05:19 PM
There was at least one mission I completed where all the monsters I killed had lockpicks on them.

Does this auto resolve thing even work? I tried it on an easy or average lock and it fails instantly. I'd rather just pick them myself if thats the case. I've gotten rather good at it anyways..

I think it depends on your security skill & luck attribute mainly. it did actually work for me on an avarage lock once! (afte like 4 tries)

rewt
04-06-06, 05:55 PM
Ah yes, that's a good point. When I tried the auto resolve, it was way back at the beginning of the game when my security skill was low.

sillyeagle
04-07-06, 12:00 AM
I'll go through all my picks on the hard locks, so I just save the game then auto attempt, if it takes more than 5 I relaod and do it again. Within 2 reloads it will open within 5 attempts. Since I've been doing auto attempts I have had like 25 picks in stocks, most of which I find on goblins and stuff.

It might be cheating but I'm not going to pass up any loot. Plus it p*sses me off when I spend 15 picks on a hard lock only to find 18 gold.