PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Umbra.

Tygerwoody
04-06-06, 12:45 PM
Where is this sword Umbra I keep hearing about? I can't seem to find it.

Slybri
04-06-06, 01:09 PM
I ran into her by accident last night, in a cave south of the Imperial City. Her sword had a soul stealing enchant on it. I tried several times to kill her, but did not succeed. I even tried kiting her to the Imperial City, but that didnt work for me. It was a cool looking sword though. Might go back tonight.

dlvk
04-06-06, 01:18 PM
Thats the same char as in Morrowind. He is in Oblivion too?

Pepsiboy
04-06-06, 03:39 PM
Depending on what you decided to do you can kill him in Morrowind so I suppose he wont be in Oblivion just to keep things consistent for some people. It makes me happy that his sword is returning. (The same sword was in Morrowind also...not just the char)

*Sorry just read Slybri's post so i guess "she" is in the game. The first Umbra was a he so maybe his wife? I dont know.*

Mr Six
04-06-06, 05:52 PM
**Spoilers**

She is in the Vindasel dungeon , south of Imperial city.

Don't even try to kill her if you are low level because it will only mean death.Just for you to know , she has 100 to blade , 100 to block and probably a bunch of other maxed skills.

There is a very easy way to kill her though and that even at level 1.I'm not going to include how to do it here just in case you guys don't want to spoil the challenge :D

P.S : Just ask if u want to know

Tygerwoody
04-06-06, 08:25 PM
I'm sure it includes dragging her into the city and getting the guards to kill her. Just a guess though :)

Toss3
04-07-06, 04:26 AM
I'm sure it includes dragging her into the city and getting the guards to kill her. Just a guess though :)
Nopes but that could work! :p I actually killed her myself without exploiting any bugs, just by running around and shooting arrows and casting spells at her, then I finally ran out of arrows and sorcery potions so I had to kill her with my enchanted sword... But there is an easier way; you just jump up on the broken pillar in the room where she can't touch you. You on the other hand, equipped with a claymore, can reach her just fine. So shoot her a couple of times with arrows and then just kill her with you claymore, should be easy enough! :) The umbra sword has an attack skill of 28 if you're at the master level of using your blade. There is also another surprse with the sword that I'm not gonna tell you about; I'll leave it for you to find out! :D

Superfly
04-07-06, 04:34 AM
tonight - she dies.

jolle
04-07-06, 04:43 AM
I got 30 on Umbra sword, perhaps due to the 125% repair I do on all my stuff..
She wasnt that hard at lvl35, I just did a few forward thrusts and eventually got a paralyse, then just hacked her to bits using my trusty Shortsword of Winter, Daedric Shortsword, they look hellacool IMO, 25 weapon rating so the Umbra sword is better..
Btw anyone know what type of sword that is underneath? cant recall seeing it before..

Superfly
04-07-06, 04:46 AM
im level 25ish with full daedric/ebony armor with 100+ on blade and heavy armor.

hope thats enough!!!!

Toss3
04-07-06, 05:02 AM
im level 25ish with full daedric/ebony armor with 100+ on blade and heavy armor.

hope thats enough!!!!
Well I'm only only at level 15 and I had some problems with killing her, but I think she's one of those enemies that won't get stronger. She's always at level 100 I think, so if you've got all that then I don't think you'll have any problems.. :)

Twigbutt
04-07-06, 11:16 AM
Killing her is actually a quest you get from one of the Daedra shrines. (Don't remember which one). You'er supposed to bring the sword back to the shrine, but who wants to give up a kicka$$ sword like that? It's show's it being more powerful than a Daedric claymore for me. :D

BTW, beat her with a lvl 25 warrior. I just tanked her and used several healing potions.

gray fox
04-07-06, 11:55 AM

hope thats enough!!!!

Lmao sounds exactly like my char ( full deadric armor ) ( deadric claymore )
100 blade - block - agility :D i never heard about her before time to go check it out .

Mr Six
04-07-06, 05:03 PM
Nopes but that could work! :p I actually killed her myself without exploiting any bugs, just by running around and shooting arrows and casting spells at her, then I finally ran out of arrows and sorcery potions so I had to kill her with my enchanted sword... But there is an easier way; you just jump up on the broken pillar in the room where she can't touch you. You on the other hand, equipped with a claymore, can reach her just fine. So shoot her a couple of times with arrows and then just kill her with you claymore, should be easy enough! :) The umbra sword has an attack skill of 28 if you're at the master level of using your blade. There is also another surprse with the sword that I'm not gonna tell you about; I'll leave it for you to find out! :D

1 word : Apotheosis

I have said enough :D

Greg
04-08-06, 02:32 AM
I killed her, but reloaded because I then realized she is not an enemy until some quest. The key to killing her is to keep distance, so use one of those enchanted distance weapons and just blast away, or jump onto the pillar and fire from above. In a up close melee battle, she is likey to whip you.