PDA

View Full Version : Do NPC's still steal things?

Pepsiboy
04-06-06, 04:56 PM
It was promised that NPC's would actively break into houses and steal things or even break into YOUR house and steal things. Is this true? From what i've seen its not and its really disapointing.

nV`andrew
04-06-06, 05:41 PM
nope, i dont think it is

SH64
04-06-06, 05:43 PM
Yes i've seen a NPC stealing food from the Inn & then make his way into a private room to eat it.

you may not see them that often though ... do you see thieves stealing things that often in real-life ? ;)

agentkay
04-06-06, 05:51 PM
Yes they do. I was just outside of Skingrad and I saw how 2 guards were attacking a poor guy. After a few seconds he was dead and I wanted to check his dead corpse looking for something useful (yes Im evil), and what did I see, a stolen (red iconed) bread. :D

CaptNKILL
04-06-06, 05:54 PM
Yes they do. I was just outside of Skingrad and I saw how 2 guards were attacking a poor guy. After a few seconds he was dead and I wanted to check his dead corpse looking for something useful (yes Im evil), and what did I see, a stolen (red iconed) bread. :D
haha, thats awesome... i guess he didnt have the gold :D

I know they steal from NPCs, but they will NOT steal from you and they will NOT break into your house. The developers confirmed this in a few different interviews. I guess they did it because itd seem more like a glitch if things started disapearing from your house. Im glad they did this too.

EDIT: BTW, this is OT, but how do you heal your horse? I was in a dungeon and when I got out I found a dead boar laying next to my horse. Apparently they fought when I was exploring. My horse has just a tiny sliver of health left. There has to be some way to heal it, but I havent figured it out yet.

SH64
04-06-06, 05:55 PM

Killed for stealing bread ?? what a shame :(

agentkay
04-06-06, 06:09 PM
Killed for stealing bread ?? what a shame :(

I know. I mean I was laughing at first but later on I thought it was a little bit harsh and I never spoke to that guy either, so I dont know his line(s).

http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/ScreenShot17.jpg (http://s2.supload.com/free/ScreenShot17.jpg/view/)http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/ScreenShot18.jpg (http://s2.supload.com/free/ScreenShot18.jpg/view/)

CaptNKILL
04-06-06, 06:23 PM
Psh... it doesnt take a genius to see what really happened.

Black man killed by guards for stealing bread? Come on...

Radiant AI is an amazing thing. It even simulates racism.

SH64
04-06-06, 06:27 PM

:lol:

nrs421
04-06-06, 06:45 PM
EDIT: BTW, this is OT, but how do you heal your horse? I was in a dungeon and when I got out I found a dead boar laying next to my horse. Apparently they fought when I was exploring. My horse has just a tiny sliver of health left. There has to be some way to heal it, but I havent figured it out yet.

just get on and rest for an hour and it will be as good as new

agentkay
04-06-06, 06:55 PM
There is a "heal target" spell but I have no idea if it works on horses.

Mr. Hunt
04-06-06, 06:58 PM

Beat me to it... first thing I thought when I saw the screenshots was "Guards are racist"... but you beat me to it :(.

CaptNKILL
04-06-06, 07:58 PM
just get on and rest for an hour and it will be as good as new
Cool, thanks :)

de><ta
04-06-06, 08:02 PM
It was promised that NPC's would actively break into houses and steal things or even break into YOUR house and steal things. Is this true? From what i've seen its not and its really disapointing.

Nope on the bonus DVD they said that npc's do not steal from you, since people would start thinking that it was a bug or something.

SH64
04-06-06, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL

There is a "heal target" spell
What he said.

de><ta
04-06-06, 08:28 PM
Or you can simply wait for an hour and the horse heals itself.

Pepsiboy
04-06-06, 08:28 PM
Thats cool...i guess i just havent played enough then. One more question...can i completely annihilate all the NPC's in a town and make it be deserted? (like in morrowind)

Sidric
04-06-06, 09:24 PM
If you stable your horse it also heals it to full, I believe. I'm pretty sure thats true since my steed was near dead and when I got him back from the stable he was at full health.

SH64
04-06-06, 09:45 PM
Thats cool...i guess i just havent played enough then. One more question...can i completely annihilate all the NPC's in a town and make it be deserted? (like in morrowind)
Yes i believe so (execpt for quest NPCs of course) , but i dont know how you gonna escape the guards. at low levels they shall eat you for lunch!

Brimstone7
04-07-06, 01:07 AM
Can NPCs get thrown in jail? The only time that I saw someone steal something was in an inn. Saw some food fly across the room (think one of the NPCs punched something on the table) and someone yelled "STOP! THIEF!" It was weird because right after that everyone sat back down at the table and started eating again...

nV`andrew
04-07-06, 02:31 AM
Can NPCs get thrown in jail? The only time that I saw someone steal something was in an inn. Saw some food fly across the room (think one of the NPCs punched something on the table) and someone yelled "STOP! THIEF!" It was weird because right after that everyone sat back down at the table and started eating again...

yep some of the crap is stupid. whenever i feed on my victims, i usually pickpocket them. first off, every time i pickpocket almost all people for the first time, or few times, they say go ahead its worthless to me, and then sumtimes they'll get up out of bed and tell me they've caught me and then lay back down. then when i try to do it again it says they've already caught me lol. and i can pickpocket people standing face to face with them too... :rolleyes:

Pepsiboy
04-07-06, 07:22 AM
The AI could be much better...but that thing about the food flying across the room is hilarious.

CaptNKILL
04-07-06, 09:47 AM
yep some of the crap is stupid. whenever i feed on my victims, i usually pickpocket them. first off, every time i pickpocket almost all people for the first time, or few times, they say go ahead its worthless to me, and then sumtimes they'll get up out of bed and tell me they've caught me and then lay back down.
Uhm... I think they call you "worthless theif", they dont say their gold is worthless. Or maybe Im wrong, I dont know :p