PDA

View Full Version : 7900GTX Rocks! My Best VGA Upgrade Ever

FraGTastiK
04-07-06, 12:30 PM
Well this is much better than I expected. Its much faster than my 7800GTX256MB SLI, runs MUCH cooler, creates significantly less noise and uses less power than 7800GTX256MB! WTF? I cannot believe I have all those goodies together in one place.

No single upgarde I had done before comes close to the value/performance of this one.I cannot frigging get these two cards to hit over 55C temp no matter how I try even when they are running at 690/1750.

I used to experience choppiness with 7800GTX256MB SLI in HL2:LC when battling combines inside the church with grenades going off at 1280x1024 4AA/8AF now with 7900GTX SLI its silky smooth even at 1600x1200 w/TAA:SS.

Great Card I just love how it uses less power and runs cooler. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EDIT:Also I wanned to add that the installation was fast, pulled out the 7800GTXs then added the 7900GTXs, reinstalled the drivers and I was ready to go.That simple.

Oblivion here I come. :)

Greasy
04-07-06, 12:34 PM
That's good to hear. I wish Dell would ship the two I ordered.

OWA
04-07-06, 12:36 PM
Its much faster than my 7800GTX256MB SLI, runs MUCH cooler, creates significantly less noise and uses less power than 7800GTX256MB!
Nice upgrade. :) Congrats on the new cards.

FraGTastiK
04-07-06, 12:44 PM
Nice upgrade. :) Congrats on the new cards.

Thank you. :)

parecon
04-08-06, 02:02 AM
That's good to hear. I wish Dell would ship the two I ordered.

Oh no you didn't! Man, you have to read their reviews. They will never ship your card. My suggestion is to cancel your order. I read their online reviews for fun to get a good laugh because of the bull**** people have to go through with Dell and their "claim ship date" yet items don't ship for months.

And especially with the limited 7900's, your cards are never gonna see the light of day from Dell.

Fathertime36
04-08-06, 10:58 AM
Oh no you didn't! Man, you have to read their reviews. They will never ship your card. My suggestion is to cancel your order. I read their online reviews for fun to get a good laugh because of the bull**** people have to go through with Dell and their "claim ship date" yet items don't ship for months.

And especially with the limited 7900's, your cards are never gonna see the light of day from Dell.

LOL looks like somebody else read through all those customer reviews for Dell, yeah man they have been know to take up to a couple of months to ship products......scary