PDA

View Full Version : 7900 gtx fan speed

Zporkz
04-07-06, 03:19 PM
Hi, I just got an evga 7900 gtx card (not the OC version). And the noise levels from the fan are LOUD. It sounds like it's running at full speed all the time. Are there any software solutions I can try? I'm willing to switch out the fan, but first I'd like to see if there is any other way around that.

FraGTastiK
04-07-06, 07:47 PM
Hi, I just got an evga 7900 gtx card (not the OC version). And the noise levels from the fan are LOUD. It sounds like it's running at full speed all the time. Are there any software solutions I can try? I'm willing to switch out the fan, but first I'd like to see if there is any other way around that.

I would try using Rivatuner utility first to see if the fan is spinning at 100% speed all the time and if it can be lowered using the low-level system setting, but the current Rivatuner V2.0 RC15.8 does not support 7900s, the upcoming version supposedly will. Try this as a temporary workaround to gain access to fan speed in low-level system setting fly-out of rivatuner.

In rivatuner goto poweruser tab--> "\system" ---> "ForceVGADeviceID" double click on it and add the value 92 . Next time you run rivatuner you will gain access to low-level fan control of your 7900GTX through low-level system setting fly-out.You can choose the "fixed" radio button and make the fan to stay at whatever rpm you like.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

Zporkz
04-10-06, 07:45 PM
Thank you so much! A bit late, but at the very least I did say thanks.

Eliminator
04-10-06, 07:50 PM
are you using the 84.25's?.... i thought i read somewhere that someone's 7900gtx fan was running at full speed becuase of the driver

FraGTastiK
04-11-06, 03:58 AM
Thank you so much! A bit late, but at the very least I did say thanks.

hehe no problem man. :)

The latest ETA on the new version of Rivatuner is April-May. Might be 40 days from now :( , not good. But I guess a more complete and bug free RT is worth the wait.

zyklon69
04-11-06, 02:49 PM
Im having the same problem with my evga 7900 oc superclock, when i restart my computer the fan speed is good, its quiet, then i go into a game and it picks up speed/noise, im ok with that, but when i exit the game to go back into windows, the fan speed remains the same as if i were in game. Any suggestions? I tried the latest whql from nvidia.com and the latest beta .25 . Thanks