PDA

View Full Version : Dual display using a TV

BagOfFUn
04-07-06, 07:39 PM
Hi I'm new here so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, if I do I'm sorry and could someone be nice enough to redirect me? =)

My graphic card is a GeForce FX 5200
with ForceWare version 84.21.

I'm using a LCD as my primary display and I'm trying to use my TV as secondary display (I'm using a S-Video out for the TV). I'm using nView to set this up and it all works "fine" but here's my problem and I wonder if there's someway to fix this. When using the TV as my secondary display it f*ck ups my primary LCD (the text gets a bit blurry and not crystal clear as LCD do so fine ^^). Normally I'm using a 1280x1024 resolution, but when using dual display it forces my LCD to use a x768 resolution, and it's the highest resolution option when using dual display.

I'm just wondering if there is someone out here who has encountered this problem before and has a solution for it =)

Thanks in advance*
Marcus Lindholm

BagOfFUn
04-07-06, 07:45 PM
Haha now this is ironic, been battling around with this problem for like three hours. One minute after posting here I found a Multi-Display setup wizard icon in controlpanel and was like "humm, wonder what this could do" and so I fixed it...both tv and lcd runs nice with x1280 resolution ^^

THANKS BAGOFFUN!
- you're welcome ;D

BagOfFUn
04-07-06, 07:48 PM
ehmm no wait, that was x1024 for clone...not for using "span" (which only options is x768) ='( ME SO DUMB *bang head against the wall*...so I'm back to square one...

Help anyone?

rflair
04-07-06, 08:12 PM
Graphics resolution is indepedant on each display, I run 1920x1600 Desktop Lcd and 800x600 T.V.

I don't use nview, windows knows a second display is connected and all needed settings can be set in the normal control panel, including resolution.

I've always found nview to be a waste and a pain.