PDA

View Full Version : Thieves guild question

aaahhh52
04-08-06, 01:20 PM
Ok so i joined the thieves guild and im supposed to steal $50 worth of goods and give them to ongar, but everytime i break into a house or steal anything a guard will almost immediately catch me, either he'll walk into the door of the house or just catch me down the street, what am i supposed to do? Another thing how are you guys leveling up so fast, are you going to lots of dungeons and caves and fighting or what? ive only had the game since yesterday and im level 3 but i seem to be leveling very slowly. I dunno great game nonetheless.

SH64
04-08-06, 04:57 PM
1) You need to be in sneak mode when stealing goods. (default = left ctrl)
2) You can steal without being noticed (in steal mode of course) if the eye corsshair remained dark , when it comes bright then you are being watched.
3) You have to steal when no one is watching you!
4) You need a decent sneak skill in order to steal .. the higher the skill ,the better chance you get to steal unnoticed.

aaahhh52
04-08-06, 10:36 PM
1) You need to be in sneak mode when stealing goods. (default = left ctrl)
2) You can steal without being noticed (in steal mode of course) if the eye corsshair remained dark , when it comes bright then you are being watched.
3) You have to steal when no one is watching you!
4) You need a decent sneak skill in order to steal .. the higher the skill ,the better chance you get to steal unnoticed.
Ohhh, you know what your right, i would sneak as i broke into the house but once i got into the house i would stand up and run around, that makes perfect sense, i thought i would still be sneaking since i figured the house would guard me from any on lookers, thanks i'll try that out.

Ok one more question, how the bloody hell do i get into the dark brotherhood

CaptNKILL
04-08-06, 10:41 PM
Ok one more question, how the bloody hell do i get into the dark brotherhood
I havent done it yet myself, but when you kill innocent people it says "your killing has been noticed by forces unknown" or something like that. As far as I know, thats the dark brotherhood. If they know of your killings, they will tell you to join them.

Im sort of going on how it was in previous Elder Scrolls games though, so if this is wrong, someone correct me :p

OWA
04-08-06, 10:43 PM
Just kill some innocent people and you should get a message about someone/something watching you and noticing the act. Continue doing so and you should get visited by a guy (I can't remember his name). I play a good guy with my real character on the PC but on the Xbox 360 I was just playing around with various characters and got into the Dark Brotherhood that way. The above stuff gets you noticed, then you have to do what they tell you to actually get in.

CaptNKILL
04-08-06, 10:51 PM
Yeah, Im a loser :p

Im an assassin (by class) and I sneak around and steal things and backstab people and use poisoned arrows... but I dont kill innocents so I cant get into the one and only guild for assassins :o

aaahhh52
04-09-06, 12:52 AM

Im an assassin (by class) and I sneak around and steal things and backstab people and use poisoned arrows... but I dont kill innocents so I cant get into the one and only guild for assassins :o

How do you use poisoned arrows? and is their any easier way of killing people lol, i'll hit someone and a guard comes pretty damn quick to arrest me, i dunno maybe i just suck cause any weapon i can buy pretty much seems like it doesnt to much damage, like maybe 3-5. I dunno im still learning lol

Sidric
04-09-06, 08:02 PM
Level up your alchemy skill some or buy poisons from the Dark Brotherhood vendor.

To your original question:

When you break into houses, steal from people, etc it is extremely important that you sneak while you do it. Go into sneak mode, wait for the 'eye' to go transparent, then do what you gotta do. If that eye is lit up anytime while you are doing the deed, somebody sees or knows you are there. If ANYBODY sees you stealing, or catches you pickpocketing, a guard will magically know about it and will attempt to arrest you(so much for the lauded radiant ai).

hemmy
04-09-06, 08:42 PM
as long as you are croutched and the oval is not lit up nobody can detect you

i have picked locks of display cases in the castles 2ft from the count and he doesn't notice a thing

the castles have good loot, check there

Sidric
04-09-06, 08:48 PM
I've stolen thousands of gold worth of loot right behind people and they never suspected a thing. Man I love being a thief :D . Check out a few of the mage's guild houses as well, they usually have some nice stuff you can sell. obviously, if you're already in the mages guild, it would be a good idea not to get caught

Pepsiboy
04-09-06, 08:50 PM
Yes...having a high lvl sneak and agility skill will turn you into the ultimate stealth machine. You might just not be cut out for stealth work until you lvl up.

Pepsiboy
04-09-06, 08:54 PM
How do you use poisoned arrows? and is their any easier way of killing people lol, i'll hit someone and a guard comes pretty damn quick to arrest me, i dunno maybe i just suck cause any weapon i can buy pretty much seems like it doesnt to much damage, like maybe 3-5. I dunno im still learning lol

Thats why for realism i d/loaded the 4x arrow damage mod. At early lvls it makes it a LITTLE unbalanced but once you get to the high lvled creatures and stuff it makes it perfectly realistic. I was just sick of having people take literally 17 arrows before death. To poison stuff either make or buy a poison then click the poison and it applies to your current weapon. Poisons wont make the arrow more lethal. For the gaurds not to notice the ACTUAL ARROW has to do all the damage and not the poison effects.

CaptNKILL
04-09-06, 08:56 PM
Thats why for realism i d/loaded the 4x arrow damage mod. At early lvls it makes it a LITTLE unbalanced but once you get to the high lvled creatures and stuff it makes it perfectly realistic. I was just sick of having people take literally 17 arrows before death. To poison stuff either make or buy a poison then click the poison and it applies to your current weapon. Poisons wont make the arrow more lethal. For the gaurds not to notice the ACTUAL ARROW has to do all the damage and not the poison effects.
Just curious, but what level are you and what is your marksmanship skill?

The damage you inflict with your bow goes up tremendously as your agility and marksmanship get higher.

aaahhh52
04-09-06, 09:52 PM
OK yeah thanks guys im stealing stuff like crazy now, its soooo much fun, a few other questions now. 1. It says you can invest money in stores, how do you do that? 2. do i have to complete some more missions to have a difference theif fence then ongar? im sick of traveling all the way to him each time i want to sell stuff. 3. Is this game eating up everyones life like it is mine? I just got on spring break and i haven't been out of the house yet. :p

nrs421
04-09-06, 10:00 PM
OK yeah thanks guys im stealing stuff like crazy now, its soooo much fun, a few other questions now. 1. It says you can invest money in stores, how do you do that? 2. do i have to complete some more missions to have a difference theif fence then ongar? im sick of traveling all the way to him each time i want to sell stuff. 3. Is this game eating up everyones life like it is mine? I just got on spring break and i haven't been out of the house yet. :p

you have to increase you merchantile skill level and once you've completed a couple of missions for the thieves guild you get another fence who has more money

Pepsiboy
04-10-06, 10:59 PM
Just curious, but what level are you and what is your marksmanship skill?

The damage you inflict with your bow goes up tremendously as your agility and marksmanship get higher.

Lvl 10...my agility is 70 and my marksman is something like 60 or around that

aaahhh52
04-11-06, 12:20 AM
w00t finally this game is starting to make some sense, im a level 11 full blown vampire (by my choice) level 92 in security(i have skeleton key), and a master at sneaking (whatever level that is) now im just working on my marksmenship and blade, im still so broke as hell and i cant figure out how to get some decent money, i've pretty much robbed every shop in the imperial market dry. I'm guessing dungeons caves and forts are next for some good money?

Lfctony
04-11-06, 05:16 AM

If you do the quest the Arena Grandchampion asks you(prove he's of loyal blood) when you fight him in the arena, he will want you to kill him and won't fight back. Thus, the Dark Brotherhood considers it a murder and they will come to you...

CaptNKILL
04-11-06, 08:55 AM
If you do the quest the Arena Grandchampion asks you(prove he's of loyal blood) when you fight him in the arena, he will want you to kill him and won't fight back. Thus, the Dark Brotherhood considers it a murder and they will come to you...
Ah! You solved my dark brotherhood problem :D

BTW, does anyone know if you can just wait and not fight him for a while? Will they send animals out to kill you both or something? I waited a few seconds but I wanted to be champion... so hes dead :lol: