PDA

View Full Version : Audigy 2 BSOD with Oblivion

VoltFox
04-08-06, 07:21 PM
Hi guys,

Just wondering, anybody have a BSOD (Machine_Check_Exception) problem with Audigy 2 (standard version) when playing Oblivion & AOE3? and have a fix for it?

I'm 100% sure it's my Audigy 2 that creates the problem, because I didn't o/c my system and both games plays fine when I disable the hardware,

Pls help guys if you can, I'm dying to play Oblivion :(

Thanks in advance

EDIT: btw, I've have the latest driver installed, and I tried the OpenAL driver as well, but still no go :(

$n][pErMan
04-09-06, 12:50 AM
Hi guys,

Just wondering, anybody have a BSOD (Machine_Check_Exception) problem with Audigy 2 (standard version) when playing Oblivion & AOE3? and have a fix for it?

I'm 100% sure it's my Audigy 2 that creates the problem, because I didn't o/c my system and both games plays fine when I disable the hardware,

Pls help guys if you can, I'm dying to play Oblivion :(

Thanks in advance

EDIT: btw, I've have the latest driver installed, and I tried the OpenAL driver as well, but still no go :(
My Audigy 2 will BSOD if I enable EAX in BF2. Does not help you much at all... but I think it has something to do with crappy sound drivers from creative or some sort of conflict with system drivers....

Muppet
04-09-06, 01:06 AM
[pErMan']My Audigy 2 will BSOD if I enable EAX in BF2. Does not help you much at all... but I think it has something to do with crappy sound drivers from creative or some sort of conflict with system drivers....
Crappy sound drivers from Creative, i've never heard such rubbish (pirate)

Lfctony
04-09-06, 02:17 AM
If you have an NForce 4 motherboard, that could be the root of your problem. I've looked into the matter, the only solution was to change my sound card... It's some glitch in the hardware on the part of the Audigy...

VoltFox
04-09-06, 10:17 PM
If you have an NForce 4 motherboard, that could be the root of your problem. I've looked into the matter, the only solution was to change my sound card... It's some glitch in the hardware on the part of the Audigy...

yep, I use A8N-SLI, what's the best replacement that anyone could think of? except X-Fi, I have a crappy speaker, and low on budget btw,

Will changing to Audigy 4 fix the problem?

Muppet
04-10-06, 12:56 AM
yep, I use A8N-SLI, what's the best replacement that anyone could think of? except X-Fi, I have a crappy speaker, and low on budget btw,

Will changing to Audigy 4 fix the problem?
I thought the Audigy4 was around the same price as the X-FI

Lfctony
04-10-06, 02:12 AM
The plain Audigy 4 is identical to the Audigy 2 ZS, only with a different name. So it's quite possible you will suffer from the same problem. If you can save for an X-FI EM that's good, or get an Audigy SE. It's quite cheap but it's a downgrade... The Audigy 4 Pro is not an option as it's more expensive than the X-FI...

Tony.

VoltFox
04-10-06, 06:06 AM
Or I would probably get a new motherboard, but btw I know what causing the problem which is good.

Thanks for your help guys :)

Lfctony
04-10-06, 09:44 AM
If you get a new NF4 motherboard you will still have the same problem. My Audigy 2 caused BSODs on both my MSI Neo4-F and my Asus A8N-E...

Son Goku
04-10-06, 04:19 PM
Crappy sound drivers from Creative, i've never heard such rubbish (pirate)

OK Harvey Fong (wack) :D :angel:

On a serious note however, the drivers I do buy as the culprit... I haven't tested it with Oblivian because I gave my Audigy away when it refused to play with my nForce 1 chipset. I might give another Creative sound card a try, but only if I'm feeling up to gambling with something that might or might not want to play...

watever
04-10-06, 05:08 PM
i have an audigy 2 and a nforce4 board and i have no problems with oblivion or any other game.

dwhjr77
04-10-06, 09:57 PM
i have an audigy 2 and a nforce4 board and i have no problems with oblivion or any other game.

I have no such problems and I have Xfi and Nforce 4. No BSOD no errors.

nforcer
04-25-06, 01:08 AM
I did not have Audigy 2 but I used ot have Audigy first gen and upgraded to X-Fi. Both gave me no troubles with the games you mentioned. I would suggest you try swapping your soundcard aroudn a bit to see if it makes a difference. That is usually what I do for my mates with Creative soundcards when they encounter weird problems like crackling or stability etc. My take is it has to do with old drivers lingering around.