PDA

View Full Version : I don't get Chuck Norris jokes...

dwhjr77
04-08-06, 09:55 PM
In EQ2 and in my 30 day free trial of WoW, all I seem to read about is cracks/jokes and what not about Chuck Norris.

What's so funny about this? Did I miss something? Where did all this come from?

Is this comparable to Dave Chappelle/Charlie Murphy's "I'm Rick James b*t*h" from a year or so ago? (now that one was damn funny)

It's rather annoying to say the least. It's to the point when I see the name I turn off the chat channel.

Capt. Picard
04-08-06, 10:17 PM
I think it a ridicule to the fact that he always comes out on top in a fight with his stupid round-the-house kicks. It's basically a parody of his invincibility. Now these jokes have spread to a wide range of themes.

For example: Chuck Norris can make two-minute noodles in one minute.
Or, Chuck Norris sleeps with his bed light on because the dark is afraid of him.

anticitizenzero
04-08-06, 11:10 PM
I take it you don't watch much Conan Obrian

Nitz Walsh
04-08-06, 11:19 PM
You don't get Chuck Norris jokes.

Chck Norris's jokes get you.

einstein_314
04-08-06, 11:40 PM
You don't get Chuck Norris jokes.

Chck Norris's jokes get you.
OMG!!! Lol. :rofl

Darkfalz
04-08-06, 11:48 PM
Chuck Norris is funny because he's 80 and could still kick your ass. Everyone knows that. So they make jokes about him. :)

CaptNKILL
04-09-06, 03:32 AM
You know, I just realized that these are very similar to the "In soviet Russia..." jokes :p

Capt. Picard
04-09-06, 04:12 AM
You know, I just realized that these are very similar to the "In soviet Russia..." jokes :p

What!?!?! Russia jokes?? Never heard any ... please tell me some. I would love jokes like that. (nana2)

MUYA
04-09-06, 04:23 AM
http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/19060/The_Chuck_Norris_Facts.html

Thats the reason.

He's mellow, cool and takes everything in his stride.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/21590/Bruce_Lee_vs_Chuck_Norris.html

|MaguS|
04-09-06, 06:27 AM
Come on! He's everywhere!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MP9CHQZ3mHw

Mr. Hunt
04-09-06, 07:04 AM
Norris jokes? Nobody jokes about "The Chuck", lest ye be destroyed.

The things you read on the internet are Norris FACTS... chucknorrisfacts.com for more info!

faraday
04-09-06, 08:23 AM
I think it was conan o'brien "Texas Ranger Lever" jokes working in tandem with chucknorrisfacts on the web. Dunno which came first

Toss3
04-09-06, 09:11 AM
Did you know that if you spell "Chuck Norris" in scrabble you win, FOREVER!? and that when GOD said "Let there be light!", Chuck Norris said: "Say please!"!

Capt. Picard
04-09-06, 09:27 AM
Did you know that if you spell "Chuck Norris" in scrabble you win, FOREVER!? and that when GOD said "Let there be light!", Chuck Norris said: "Say please!"!

I do the last joke quite funny if I convince myself that it is more about the joke and the man than it is about God.

And if I succeed in doing that I think that this one must be the ultimate Chuck Norris joke.

kev13dd
04-09-06, 11:21 AM
Is this comparable to Dave Chappelle/Charlie Murphy's "I'm Rick James b*t*h" from a year or so ago? (now that one was damn funny)

How how HOW on earth did you find this funny?! It was ALL I heard in counter strike. God I hated it. At least with the Chuck Noris jokes, there are NEW ONES occassionally. With that stupid saying all you heard was the same STUPID thing over and over again...

K

dwhjr77
04-09-06, 11:25 AM
How how HOW on earth did you find this funny?! It was ALL I heard in counter strike. God I hated it. At least with the Chuck Noris jokes, there are NEW ONES occassionally. With that stupid saying all you heard was the same STUPID thing over and over again...

K

The same way you felt about Rick James is the same way I felt with Chuch Norris. With Rick, it wasn't what was said, but the way you said it.

If you are old as I am, you listening to Rick's music back in the day and saw him on TV. He was the most egotistic artist out there, even dissing highly popular Prince at the time. It was as if all the good that happened to him is because he was Rick James, and nothing else.