PDA

View Full Version : game crashes/freezes

nekrosoft13
04-09-06, 03:32 AM
my game keeps crashing or freezing

it only happens, when i enter into a building, cave etc.. basically it happens when i open a door and new area loads

here is another person with same problem
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=356895

petza
04-09-06, 03:46 AM
my game keeps crashing or freezing

it only happens, when i enter into a building, cave etc.. basically it happens when i open a door and new area loads

here is another person with same problem
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=356895

freezing is common on the xbox 360 mine froze 4 times

if it becomes un-playable call microsoft they replace it

nekrosoft13
04-09-06, 04:54 AM
i'm on pc

it frooze several times, and it only happens, when i enter a new area.

i can be exploring the area for hours, and everything will be perfect

Mike611
04-10-06, 01:15 AM
i think im havin the same problem
does it just close on you and bring you back to your desktop
thats whats happening to me
i think its form my comp overheating

nekrosoft13
04-10-06, 04:16 PM
it either crashes or freezes. and let me repeat, it only happens when i open a door that loads new area

tieros
04-10-06, 06:16 PM
I was having that same problem for the first few days, but I haven't seen it in a long time. Have you done many mods to your oblivion.ini file?

Ratmech
04-18-06, 06:36 PM
I was having the exact same problem, only crashing when you enter a building. Seems like it only started happening after I did a bunch of game saving the night before. I tried a recommendation from another forum to defrag the HDD, didn't think it would work but tried anyway. It was crashing all day but as soon as I defragged the problem was gone. Go figure!!!

ventriloquate
04-18-06, 07:39 PM
I had a similar problem where it would just go black and freeze when I went through a door. The sound would also loop a bit and make weird noises too. I did the whole defrag, upgrade drivers etc. Eventually I just completely removed every trace of my sound drivers and reinstalled them, that did the trick. Oblivion is such a picky game. Every other game I play did fine with how my sound drivers were before. Hope that helps.

nekrosoft13
04-18-06, 08:36 PM
i haven't done anything to my system, but it didn't hapen for 4 days, so not sure if is fixed

killahsin
04-18-06, 09:32 PM
I think the crashing has to do with the cache of stuff. Thus the defrag helps, and or temporary files being removed helps. If i defrag and remove the temporary files from my comp every other day i hardly get any crashes. If i don't i crash ALOT. I'm thinking this may also have to do with the fluctauations in performance. the reuslt will be some sort of patch that changes the way the game handles its file structure. somewhat like what valve recently did to help fix the stutter and it also fixed performance slightly. as well as what funcom did for AO, when their back end was so bad they had to create a secondary app to help it.