PDA

View Full Version : EVGA 7800gs RMA

The Boss66
04-09-06, 03:06 PM
Has anyone dealt with evga with an rma? What is their turnaround rate.

jcniest5
04-09-06, 04:44 PM
Has anyone dealt with evga with an rma? What is their turnaround rate.

No, I haven't, but I heard it's great turn around time. Assuming that they have your model in stock (not in back-ordered), once they receive your dead card, it's 1-3 days and your replacement will be shipped.

micron
04-09-06, 06:28 PM
What happened to your GS?

The Boss66
04-09-06, 06:38 PM
Crashes and the audio loop thing where the screen goes black but you can still hear the sound

SLippe
04-09-06, 11:40 PM
Yup, I RMA'd a mobo not too long ago and did their StepUp program, which basically the same thing. You ship your dead whatever to them, they get it and in a day or so they ship the new one back to you, sometimes they even cross ship!! :thumbsup:

nV`andrew
04-09-06, 11:44 PM
hey slippe, are you using the vmod with stock cooling? cuz i remvoed the plank of wood behind my tower where it sits in ym wood desk, and my temps dropped like 10 degrees, lol. so i might try it.

SLippe
04-09-06, 11:53 PM
hey slippe, are you using the vmod with stock cooling? cuz i remvoed the plank of wood behind my tower where it sits in ym wood desk, and my temps dropped like 10 degrees, lol. so i might try it.
Yes I am. However, I have 5x80mm and 1x90mm case fans and my tower sits out in the open. If you have your tower enclosed, like some of the new desks have with the door in the front, you might try removing your side panel on your case as well. I assume you leave the front door open on your desk when your computer is on, if you have one, right? (I know, duh) Anyways, yes, I am running stock hsf and my computer hasn't been off since I've done it. BF2, NFSMW, and FEAR run awesomely smooth with everything maxed, but of course, I think the 2gig of ram helped that as well. :D

Just be patient and take your time. My eye sight isn't so good and I used a magnifying glass, but got it done with a toothpick. It's not pretty, but who the hell is going to see it anyways? I'd like to get a 3rd party hsf and crank it up more, but that will have to wait. If you do it, let me know.

EDIT: I just checked my temp and it shows it at 55' C and only thing running is AVG, XFire and Firefox.