PDA

View Full Version : Got a stupid DVI question.

cspencer
04-09-06, 09:37 PM
Since I got a new LCD monitor and I am finally able to use a straight DVI connection, I am noticing some glitches when the video changes modes.
Some look like sync issues, others look like video refresh issues.

After the initial boot screen and before windows I sometimes get a thick white line either on the left side or right side of the screen, or sometimes a large triangle with the previous screen contents in a black on white configuration. Sometimes I will get a big white block in the middle of the left lower quadrant of the screen before going black and then going into the next video mode.

I don't have any issues running games, though I get really bad sync issues when going between the opening dialog box and the full screen game.

Just something I haven't seen before.

I am not sure if its my monitor or the dual 7800GT's SLI'd.

Before I go taking things appart I though I would pose the question.

I will go hook the new monitor up using analog and see how that plays out.

Thank you.

Please don't criticize my ignorance, I mean no harm. :)

Clay
04-09-06, 09:46 PM
Do you have access to another DVI cable? It would be nice to see if you can rule out whether or not your current cable is defective in some way. Also, double-check your connections, make sure you don't have any bent pins, look for any dust, etc that might be in the way.

cspencer
04-09-06, 10:23 PM
I will try that. Just hoping its nothing to do with the video cards.
I know its not a windows driver issue since it happens before windows starts up.

Hopefully I'm just paranoid. :)

tranle
04-10-06, 01:32 AM
Also if you are using DVI make sure that you select the native resolution of your monitor.