PDA

View Full Version : Sound stuttering issue

glObalist
04-10-06, 02:41 AM
Anyone else having the sound in Oblivion act up? It's most prominent when I cast the self healing spell - the sound effect is a little choppy, and sometimes has a harsh stuttering reverb to it. It gets really bad and annoying.

Also footsteps while carrying a torch in 3rd person are a little delayed and have some sort of bad reverb.

I'm using the onboard ALC850 with nvidia 4.62 audio driver. Changing to no hw acceleration makes no difference, nor does using the latest 3.85 realtek driver or reinstalling the game.

Any suggestions?

BioHazZarD
04-10-06, 04:49 AM
Buy a proper soundcard and ditch that onboard crap chip that its not even a real soundcard lol.

glObalist
04-10-06, 05:05 AM
I'm planning to buy the HDA X-Mystique or X-Plosion but they're still unavailable here in Czecho/Slovakia. Doubt they ever will be. So I'm sticking with on-board for now.

Anyway, could this have anything to do with the number of voices the codec supports? In NVMixer I see the ALC850 supports only 20 2D and 16 3D voices IIRC. I remember seeing higher numbers back when I was using SoundStorm...

Superfly
04-10-06, 05:09 AM
www.overclockers.co.uk will ship the HDA mystic to any country you want.

glObalist
04-10-06, 06:08 AM
www.overclockers.co.uk will ship the HDA mystic to any country you want.

Hmm and how do you go about making them do so? The nearest available country in the drop-down list is Austria...

Superfly
04-10-06, 06:15 AM
Hmm and how do you go about making them do so? The nearest available country in the drop-down list is Austria...

humm, perhaps im wrong then - the FAQ claims worldwide delivery.