PDA

View Full Version : Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

silencer51
04-10-06, 02:41 PM
I was checking out my old games stash and I came up on this little gem from Monolith. Since I'm not playing any game right now, I decided to install it and see how it fares up today.

Unfortunately, even with the latest patch (2.22), neither the intro movies or the menu show up - I just get the blue background. This using a 6800 AGP and the 84.21 drivers with Windows XP.

I've tried every resolution and option on the game's launcher to no avail.

The only way to get the menu to show up is to use the software renderer...:thumbdwn:

Anyone else tried this game with a similar configuration? Any results?

Gentle
04-10-06, 04:46 PM
If you find that Shogo does not show the movies or the game menu, try enabling 'Triple Buffer' and 'Poly Gap Fixing' in the Advanced Options menu.
---

I found that on a website.

I also see references to something about disabling Vsync or to limit the ingame FPS to under 60.

Gentle

ENU291
04-10-06, 04:58 PM
Shogo!!! :eek: Those were the pre-Geforce days!! Ahh the memories!! :wonder:

OldOfEvil
04-10-06, 05:36 PM
yeah that was a Glide based game IIRC.. If you find a fansite you should be able to get patch or a tweak guide to allow to run on your rig.

loopy
04-10-06, 05:57 PM
Actually, Shogo (and Lithtech) were a showcase for DX6.0. I loved this game back in the day, man it rocked my 16mb TNT. It takes me back.

saturnotaku
04-10-06, 06:56 PM
Actually, Shogo (and Lithtech) were a showcase for DX6.0. I loved this game back in the day, man it rocked my 16mb TNT. It takes me back.

Oh hell yes. The original Lithtech engine (before they code bloated it) had some of the best lighting effects for its time. The TNT was the best card to run Shogo on. It made me sorry I had a Voodoo Banshee at the time. Man, all this talk of old games (SiN, Shogo, Carmageddon 2) makes me totally nostalgic. Thank goodness I already ordered SiN Episodes LOL. :D

By the way, simply disabling vsync via the driver control panel should fix Shogo in its entirety. This always has been an issue with NVIDIA cards and Windows XP.