PDA

View Full Version : eVGA 7900GT Artifacts

NeMeSis78
04-11-06, 01:17 AM
I just upgraded my computer to a Opty 165 @ 2.5ghz and a eVGA 7900GT Superclocked which is all running on Asus A8N32-SLI. Now, I've been playing Quake 4 and I have noticed some artifacts while playing and when I exit the game the display in Windows is all messed up and I must restart to get it back to normal. I've read articles about artifact and disabling PEG mode which I've done. It did fix the problem but now the artifacts are back. I've got a Thermaltake TVW 500watt PS so power shouldn't be an issue and it's only telling me I'm using ~150watts. Also, my CPU never runs over 45degs with my SI-120.

Anyway, has anyone else ran into similar problems and is there a work around or am I dealing with hardware issues.

Thanks.

SLippe
04-11-06, 01:46 AM
What's PEG mode?

Are you running the 7900GT Superclocked at the stock oc speeds or have you bumped them up even more? What's the temperature of your card, idle and load? Make sure the little green fan is running on your 7900GT. What kind of temps are you getting on your cpu? Room temp? The detective work begins...

NeMeSis78
04-11-06, 02:01 AM
PEG mode is a ASUS PCI Express Graphics optimization which has multipal settings as well as disabling it.

Stock speeds, 50/~55 degs idle/load and my CPU runs between 39-45 degs. Case temp 40. Every thing looks normal....in fact awsome.

Lfctony
04-11-06, 06:19 AM
Try bringing the clocks to 450/1320, see if that fixes it. If it does, RMA that baby since it can't handle the overclocked speeds.

NeMeSis78
04-11-06, 09:43 AM
Try bringing the clocks to 450/1320, see if that fixes it. If it does, RMA that baby since it can't handle the overclocked speeds.

I was hoping it wouldn't come to that but if that the case, oh well. I will try that. Thanks

zyklon69
04-11-06, 09:47 PM
You're going to have to RMA your card, i was on the evga help website and people who had the first batches of the 7900gt were having the same problems and they had to get their card RMA'd, sorry for the bad news, but it is what it is.

NeMeSis78
04-12-06, 10:33 AM
Actually, that doesn't really bother me much. If that's the case I'm going to see if I can upgrade to the new KO series with the new cooler.:D I'll have to check out eVGA's help, thanks guys.

K-1
04-12-06, 10:35 PM
Hope you don't mind me borrowing your thread, NeMeSis78. Running 3DMark06, in the third game test, does anyone else see little white speckles where the sun reflects off the water?

Lfctony
04-13-06, 02:48 AM
My system displays them as well, I don't think it's a problem...

K-1
04-13-06, 03:44 AM
My system displays them as well, I don't think it's a problem...

thanks for checking! had a friend who has the same card as I check too, and he reported the same thing also. Wonder if it's a driver or software related problem, or maybe just a poorly rendered effect lol.

NeMeSis78
04-13-06, 11:31 AM
No problem K-1.

Quick question, what is the best vcard tunner app?

SLippe
04-13-06, 04:54 PM
Hope you don't mind me borrowing your thread, NeMeSis78. Running 3DMark06, in the third game test, does anyone else see little white speckles where the sun reflects off the water?
That is water pellets coming off the creature as he moves thru the air having just jumped out of the water. It's not a bug, just maybe not the greatest water effect.

K-1
04-13-06, 10:47 PM
That is water pellets coming off the creature as he moves thru the air having just jumped out of the water. It's not a bug, just maybe not the greatest water effect.

Mmm, I can recognize those lol, what I mean is the whiteness around the sun's reflection in the water, you see the sun reflecting off the water at the start of the demo also, and it's the same thing. No big deal tho, just kinda seemed odd when i first saw it.

Quick question, what is the best vcard tunner app?

Well, normally it'd be RivaTuner, but right now Riva can't properly recognize 7900s so I'm not too sure. There should be a new version of RT shortly tho, so keep an eye out for it.