PDA

View Full Version : 84.21 development problem

brtnrdr
04-11-06, 12:40 AM
Hi,

I have written an application that simulates the physics of cloth on the GPU. Originally the application was written on Linux and when I ported it to windows it didn't work. I would get 'abnormal program termination' errors. In a last ditch effort, I downgraded by drivers from 84.21 to 81.98 and the programs worked flawlessy (a little slower than on linux, but they worked).

I'm just wondering what in the driver could have caused this, and how will I know when it's fixed.

Thank you.

sharangad
04-11-06, 06:20 AM
Hi,

I have written an application that simulates the physics of cloth on the GPU. Originally the application was written on Linux and when I ported it to windows it didn't work. I would get 'abnormal program termination' errors. In a last ditch effort, I downgraded by drivers from 84.21 to 81.98 and the programs worked flawlessy (a little slower than on linux, but they worked).

I'm just wondering what in the driver could have caused this, and how will I know when it's fixed.

Thank you.

Thr glslang compiler might parse yer programs differently with the older drivers. Are you getting any errors after compilation?

brtnrdr
04-11-06, 03:31 PM
Hi,

There aren't any compile errors during compilation. So I'm not really sure what it might be.