PDA

View Full Version : Hardrive problem help!!

dialect
04-11-06, 09:52 PM
Hey i'm having a problem with my hardrive. Its a western digital 120gb and its being recognized by bios but not wit windows. the weird thing is that when i go thru device manager its being recognized too and it says that it's everything is workin properly. i've installed and reinstalled the drivers and it still doesnt work. does anybody know what the hell is goin on..plz help yall..thanx(nana2)

tacos4me
04-11-06, 10:05 PM
Do you have it partitioned? Boot from your WindowsXP disc and partition it. ;)

supra
04-11-06, 10:27 PM
it may be in a different filesystem?

dont need to boot from windows xp cd.

Just go to Control Panel > Administration Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management

from there u can format / partition

einstein_314
04-12-06, 01:31 AM
Yeah, you need to activate it. Do this by doing what supra said above. You will be able to right click on the drive and "activate" it. It may not be called activating it...but something to that extent.

CaptNKILL
04-12-06, 01:36 AM
it may be in a different filesystem?

dont need to boot from windows xp cd.

Just go to Control Panel > Administration Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management

from there u can format / partition
^ What he said. ^

dialect
04-13-06, 02:11 AM
well i just formated from my windows disc is that ok..or is there gonna be a problem?..thanx guys

CaptNKILL
04-13-06, 02:20 AM
well i just formated from my windows disc is that ok..or is there gonna be a problem?..thanx guys
Not a problem, that works fine as well.

dialect
04-13-06, 01:57 PM
well i reformated it cuz when i booted up i had to choose between the master and the slave version of windows...so i just formated the slave so windows wont even run it..is that cool?

CaptNKILL
04-13-06, 02:09 PM
well i reformated it cuz when i booted up i had to choose between the master and the slave version of windows...so i just formated the slave so windows wont even run it..is that cool?
Yeah if you arent having any problems, its probably fine.

Dazz
04-13-06, 02:30 PM
You have to go Control Panel > Administration Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management like was said before i had to do that so windows would pick up other RAIDed raptors