PDA

View Full Version : PSU question?

Demanufakture
04-12-06, 12:23 AM
I want to update my old psu with a brand new 500w psu. I don't think it is safe to risk running on my old one anymore with my current setup. My question is, do you think that this is a good psu for my rig?

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=373044

SLippe
04-12-06, 12:53 AM
Looks good to me as far as specs, but I don't know about that brand. I say with a lot of computer parts, you get what you pay for. If you can budget another 50 bucks on top of that, $100 or so, then I'd get an OCZ, Antec, etc. Let's see what others think...

spoop
04-12-06, 01:54 PM
I would get something else, Ultra is crap. Antec, OCZ, Seasonic, PCP&C, Enermax, and Fortron, etc., are all good brands.

AliceCooper
04-12-06, 03:17 PM
I've just bought a new Thermaltake TR2 Power 550w and it is an excellent PSU.

My old Globalwin 420w just couldn't hack it anymore. My vid card has 512mb and runs at 450 core and 1.3 memory so needed upgrade.

Since buying new psu no probs at all.

Really recommend this psu.

Cheers(nana2)

Demanufakture
04-13-06, 07:19 PM
I think I am going to get the antec he 550 w psu that is SLI ready so that my psu will be future proof whenever I decide to upgrade my pc again. Probably when the new windows vista hardware comes out.

Demanufakture
04-15-06, 06:09 PM
Well I went out to bestbuy today and bought me an sli ready antec neo HE 550w psu. The noise difference was extrememly noticable. My old psu must have been running full blast all the time because my pc was alot louder before I got this new PSU. Well, install went perfect and I am loving the new sound level. Now my rig is properly juiced and ready for any future upgrades, like sli capability.