PDA

View Full Version : Lvl13, have brandy, but Sanguine won't appear?

glObalist
04-12-06, 08:42 AM
Well I'm level 13, I have a few Cyrodillic brandy in my inventory but when I activate the Sanguine shrine it just says he needs a greater champion to have business with me.

Strange thing is I couldn't find any other posts with a similar problem/bug. What the hell is going on? The lvl requirement for this quest is lvl8 which I easily meet, so what's the problem? Thank you for your suggestions.

nrs421
04-12-06, 09:47 AM
you probably need greater fame and/or infamy

glObalist
04-12-06, 09:56 AM
you probably need greater fame and/or infamy

AFAIK you need that for a couple of other daedric quests but not for this one.

nrs421
04-12-06, 10:13 AM
how many bottles do you have? i think you need all the bottles that can be found

5 from the imperial city
3 in anvil
3 in chorrol
2 in bravil
2 in cheydinall
2 in leyawin
2 in skingrad
1 in the cloud ruler temple

de><ta
04-12-06, 11:27 AM
how many bottles do you have? i think you need all the bottles that can be found

5 from the imperial city
3 in anvil
3 in chorrol
2 in bravil
2 in cheydinall
2 in leyawin
2 in skingrad
1 in the cloud ruler temple

No you only need one bottle of Cyrodillic Brandy and you need to be level 8 to start this mission.

Probably need more fame.

glObalist
04-12-06, 01:29 PM
No you only need one bottle of Cyrodillic Brandy and you need to be level 8 to start this mission.

Probably need more fame.

So you only get fame from closing the gates? I've closed only 2 so far and my fame is 5...

Mr. Hunt
04-12-06, 06:16 PM
Have you checked your quest log? A lot of times it will say something like "Level XX required to start this quest" or something... although I think one quest actually requires you to be Grand Champion of the Arena... that or I just leveled up to the right level right when I hit GC...

glObalist
04-12-06, 06:18 PM
Yes the required level for it is 8, I'm 14 now and still no go:(

glObalist
04-12-06, 06:29 PM
Doh! I just figured it out reading the readme for Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul mod (which I've been using from early levels on):

"8- The minimum levels necessary to receive Daedra Lord quests at their shrines is now higher for most of them--anywhere from
lvl 15 to lvl 20. This change obeys two reasons. First, it did not make a lot of sense to me that a Daedric Lord would grant
a lowly lvl 2 the honor of serving under them with the promise of an item of power. Now, in order to be a worthy champion,
you are going to need to know how to skin some beast other than sheep. The second one is related to acquiring a decent level
before tackling more dangerous stages of the main quest--a build-up towards a more epic finale."

:banghead: