PDA

View Full Version : What the? "You have stolen from the Fighters Guild"

Tygerwoody
04-13-06, 10:56 AM
I just got on like I normally do, I went to the Fighters Guild to get my next quest and I get "you have stolen from the fighters guild, please talk to *****" .

I NEVER stole from the fighters guild and EVEN IF I DID, I thought you couldnt' steal from your own guild? These guys want me to bring them 20 bear pelts which are next to IMPOSSIBLE to find. Anyone have any ideas on what is going on and where I can find bear pelts?

|MaguS|
04-13-06, 11:09 AM
Did you throw items around (or just move many items)? That is considered stealing (pretty stupid since the item is never really taken...)

Tygerwoody
04-13-06, 12:11 PM
Did you throw items around (or just move many items)? That is considered stealing (pretty stupid since the item is never really taken...)
nope... im just in that place long enough to get my quest and then I leave. But still, when your hand is over an item, you hand is NEVER red. Theoretically i could loot the whole place and sell the goods.

nrs421
04-13-06, 12:52 PM
never had that problem....and i always took whatever i wanted from the guilds

killahsin
04-13-06, 04:31 PM
i think its a scripting error. My horse died once and it instantly kicked me from all the guilds. thank god for auto saves.

CaptNKILL
04-13-06, 04:48 PM
i think its a scripting error. My horse died once and it instantly kicked me from all the guilds. thank god for auto saves.
I had this happen once too.

I just reloaded my autosave and it was fine.

Tygerwoody
04-13-06, 05:01 PM
well... i dont have that luxery. Even though i have over 600 saves, i joined the fighters guild when i first started the game at around 50th save. I never returned til recently

Mickey Padge
04-13-06, 05:39 PM
Open the console and type this:

player.additem 000228E3 20

And you will get the bear pelts you need :D

Tygerwoody
04-13-06, 07:48 PM
Open the console and type this:

player.additem 000228E3 20

And you will get the bear pelts you need :D
I dont usually cheat, but I didn't steal anything so I'll just consider this "borrowing" bear pelts :D

thanks Mickey

Pepsiboy
04-13-06, 08:13 PM
Might just be that the bears are hibernating??? :p

de><ta
04-13-06, 09:54 PM
Its a bug. Just restart from your last autosave or quicksave. Once I got kicked out from the DB, Mages guild and Fighters guild all at the same time for stealing.

You can buy bear pelts from most stores. Mainly the ones where you get furniture from.

Pegasus*
04-14-06, 09:20 AM
well done bethesda... i got kiked from the DB for stealing today lol, o well im glad i always press f5 every so often... or just before i get tempted to pickpocket a guard xD, lol i got attacked by these pirates (pirate) and ran away to a guard and the guard killed most of em, except one, and that last guy had like 1 health left so i threw a fireball in his face (im such a coward lol :D ) and stole all the guards stuff, all his armour and swords and bows and arrows, now i walk around pretending to be a guard when im bored :p
man it was fun killing that pirate captain, even though it was outrageingly hard;)

Mickey Padge
04-14-06, 02:56 PM
Glad I could help :)

I will refrain from letting you know what the code for gold is lol :p :D

Tygerwoody
04-14-06, 03:32 PM
Glad I could help :)

I will refrain from letting you know what the code for gold is lol :p :D
I have alot of gold so I wouldnt use it anyway. I got all my items and gold COMPLETELY Legit. Exploiting or cheating in a game like this seems so... stupid? Yea, thats the word, stupid. However, when the game messes up and I have to find TWENTY FREAKING BEAR PELTS FOR NO REASON(or is it thirty?), then I might have to make an exception to the rule. I have 10 bear pelts, but they took me litterally hours to find.

gray fox
04-15-06, 09:27 AM
Maybe you was trying to get into those display cases...
cheating im ashamed!

hemmy
04-15-06, 11:54 AM
i have stolen(legally, as you said, no red hand) and sold every weapon in every fighters guild in every city, and no troubles

i take the stuff infront of other people too

Zelda_fan
04-15-06, 02:26 PM
I dont usually cheat, but I didn't steal anything so I'll just consider this "borrowing" bear pelts :D

thanks Mickey

20 bear pelts are easy to find. Don't take the easy cheat way out. Just go to the general merchandise stores at each town. Most of them sell 5 beat pelts each.