PDA

View Full Version : "spoiler" dagon and dragon

nekrosoft13
04-13-06, 01:42 PM
well Martin turned into a Dragon, and defeated Dagon. Now what?

Will there be some story, to continue, or just side quest from now on?

de><ta
04-13-06, 08:57 PM
Sidequests only. But the sidequests all have a story in themselves. Also stumbled across a yeti up north, sad story with that so called quest.

nekrosoft13
04-13-06, 09:16 PM
really? so the game is basically over

that was short, really short

Demonic_Chronic
04-14-06, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I had read that there was approx 80 hours main quest and 200+ hours sideline quests, but I finished the main quest in less than 20 hours. I played at a normal pace, leveling up here and there, looting dungeons and advancing in guilds, but 20 hours, geez.

de><ta
04-14-06, 02:46 AM
Depending on how you play the game your mileage will vary. The main quest in this game was a shorter due to the fact that there were no level restrictions when you could start some main missions.

killahsin
04-14-06, 03:04 AM
From what I understand they trimmed alot of the main quest so that you could enjoy the world and stories that evolve around all the side quests. At the same time they had to release the game at some point, heh.

|MaguS|
04-14-06, 07:33 AM
Seems like they spent more time on the world and engine then they did on the actual RPG elements within the game...

nekrosoft13
04-14-06, 10:27 AM
i'm really disapointed.

18 hours later and the game is finished. they should have spend more time on main story, then some side quest.

and the actually RPG elements were horrible

killahsin
04-14-06, 02:53 PM
Seems like they spent more time on the world and engine then they did on the actual RPG elements within the game...

I think you mean instead of forcing you to be a role. They allow you to be any role you want combined. The RPG elements and mechanics are there big time. Except your not locked into that role, thus it feels unhinged. Some see that as a bad thing I see it as a plus. But yes it's missing that focused around the character rp elements as all other locked role playing games. But I think bethsedas approach has always been to offer the rp mechanics but never lock the player into a role.

Pepsiboy
04-14-06, 03:23 PM
The point of Elder Scrolls games is not the Main Quest. It DEFINATELY wasnt in Morrowind...why should it be now? The main hook of these games has always been the surrounding world..the freedom and the immersion. They pulled it off surpurbly. I have NEVER seen a game with as much content as this and as much attention to detail.

And another reason that the game was shorter is that the quests were ALOT more unique. In Morrowind...there was a few type of generic quests only. EIther it was "go get me some leaves" or "go kill this dude". This is not the case anymore...quests are in depth and involved.