PDA

View Full Version : Where Are The Books?

Pepsiboy
04-13-06, 05:35 PM
There is one shorcoming in Oblivion that is particularly upsetting to me. The books. It might just be that i suck at seeing things...but from what i HAVE seen there just isnt that great of a selection of books in Oblivion compared to Morrowind. I remember Morrowind had fantastic public and private collections of books that I loved to just sit around and read. But in Oblivion...the only really good collection i've found was in the Arch-Mage's private quarters. The Mystic Archive library was ABYSMAL. All it had was the same thing everything else had...the freaking city guides and other stupid common books that ive read already. I CANT FIND ANY MORE BOOKS!!!. This brings me an idea. This could be a group project...but i think we should take all of the Morrowind books and convert them into Oblivion. Then we should have a bunch of people take all of their Elder Scrolls knowledge and write some of their own books. This would certainly fix the book problem. Anyone else agree? I probably sound really wierd because nobody else probably likes to read the books at all but oh well lol.

OWA
04-13-06, 06:10 PM
I have a few but I didn't realize I was supposed to actually read them. Heh, much like real-life. :) j/k

killahsin
04-13-06, 06:52 PM
The books are actually litered throughout the world. So you can't just find all the skillup bopoks in one location, like yah could in morrowind. I have foudn books in the most random places/dungeons, that skilled me up. My collection of books now is massive.

Pepsiboy
04-13-06, 07:10 PM
Thats wierd...i guess ill just have to get my assasin to do some more dungeon delving...i sure wish there were more ancestral tombs hehe.

And i did find The Mystery of Princess Talara volume I

Is there a full set like in Morrowind? That would be awesome.

CaptNKILL
04-13-06, 07:35 PM
If you want to try to organize a mod like that, this is deffinitely the first place I would go:
http://til.gamingsource.net/

They have everything thats ever been written in or about the elder scrolls games. All of the books, all of the lore, everything.

Really cool site, I bet they would actually help you get the mod set up if you asked them :)

Pepsiboy
04-14-06, 12:44 AM
Captn: THANK YOU FOR THAT LINK...that is just the site i've been looking for.

And to everyone else...i have found i am horribly wrong. I found a list of all the books in Oblivion. HOLY CRAP is all i can say. I officially suck at finding things more than anyone else in the entire world. Theres also a whole lot that have been taken from Morrowind too. But i still would like to get a mod set up with custom lore books and stuff...again Captn thanks.

gray fox
04-15-06, 08:09 AM
You might wanna check this out if theres a lack of books. ive never used it as i have oblivion for the 360. ive never played daggerfall either so i dont know if its worth it or not but it seems pretty good.

http://www.fileplanet.com/162435/download/Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion---Daggerfall-Books-Mod

This adds a collection of books from the TES game Daggerfall. This work was made by Bethesda from an earlier game in the series and gives background story otherwise left unsaid in the game.

Daggerfall Books by MrDarkSim

What does this do?
-------------------
It adds a collection of books from the TES game Daggerfall.This work was made by Bethesda from an earlier game in the series.

This is to give a background story for those of you that have not played other games in the series.

Warning:Some of the books are a tad raunchy but that how it was back then.Younger audiences shouldn't download.

more info - http://www.fileplanet.com/162435/160000/fileinfo/Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion---Daggerfall-Books-Mod
( link fixed )
Some of the books are a tad raunchy -- ah the good old days

Pepsiboy
04-15-06, 10:27 AM
GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRR

Its on fileplanet can someone else host?

ventriloquate
04-16-06, 09:39 PM
There seem to be a fair number of books in guild related area and found on guild related quests.

Pepsiboy
04-17-06, 11:28 AM
Ops forget about hosting that file its for Morrowind