PDA

View Full Version : Memory problem

Shoggoth
04-14-06, 08:44 AM
Hi,

I'm new here. It seems a really nice place. I'll start immediatly.

First, I've installed these MOD :
- Shaja landscape LOD 2048x2048 with border regions;
- Shaja landscape LOD 2048x2048 Texture Replacement;
- Blusteel Landscape LOD NormalMap Fix;
- CaptNKill Clearer_water2;
- Jarrod new_texture_mod-complete.

I've tested the result with Video Memory Watcher and I've found that the usage exceeds the 256MB of my video card and approximatively 100 MB of my system memory. I now have a bit of stuttering. I've tried to lower Max frame to render ahead from 3 to 2 then to 0, the stuttering don't stop and the game performance are not better. This is normal ? The ArchiveInvalidation.txt is up to date.

Second, the first time I've installed the game, I've played it like it was installed without changing anything. It was Ok, not too much lagging but the Actor Fade setting was very low. Since I increased this option, I have FPS dropping below 20 and this cause stutttering. How can I manage to add frame rate without lowering Actor Fade. The only tweaking I've tried so far was changing the iMinGrassSize (before installing Jarrod mod) and iPreloadSizeLimit.

glObalist
04-15-06, 04:13 AM
The Max frame to render ahead is for mouse lag only I believe. The only thing with this game that really helped me performance-wise was buying a 7900GT. I was using a 6800GT previously, but it didn't like the Actors at all, would drop down to 5-10FPS when more than two were around.

Also, I'm only using the texure mods recommended at tweakguides.com

PaiN
04-15-06, 05:15 AM
If the modifications you made are causing texture size to exceed your available vid memory....then there is not much you can do to stop the studdering, except undo some of the mods you added.

Shoggoth
04-15-06, 09:11 AM
Ok, thank you. I've follow the instruction on tweakguides.com too, I've just had the lower grass texture mod. I was expecting an answer from Bluesteel who say that the mod I use are not supposed to exceed the 256 MG memory of my video card :( Perhaps my actor setting is just to high, I will decrease it. Tks.