PDA

View Full Version : is there a limit for the quantity of saved games?

Nv40
04-14-06, 03:57 PM
Heard somewhere that the game stop saving after you save N times.. is that true ?

Mr. Hunt
04-14-06, 04:07 PM
No idea... but one weird thing for me is my main/first character... when I do a manual save it WILL NOT save the game... only auto and quicksaves work... so when I want to play another character I have to exit and rename one of the save files a different name just so I don't lose him :\... but with my second character, manual saves work perfectly :\.

CaptNKILL
04-14-06, 04:19 PM
You might be interested in these utilities:

Incremental Saver (creates new, seperate saves every time you hit quicksave)
http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=2937

TES Save Manager for having seperate character "profiles":
http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=2771

Enjoy :)

Rolland
04-14-06, 04:49 PM
No idea... but one weird thing for me is my main/first character... when I do a manual save it WILL NOT save the game... only auto and quicksaves work... so when I want to play another character I have to exit and rename one of the save files a different name just so I don't lose him :\... but with my second character, manual saves work perfectly :\.

Also you could try hitting the `key (for the console) and just type:

/save "Main Char1"

You can put whatever name you want but remove the " " and make sure you put a space between save and the name :)

Good luck!

(yes you "can" name saves)

heh :p

Ninja Prime
04-14-06, 05:01 PM
I dont think there is, but if you don't delete some of them they begin to take up a lot of space... I was up to 1400 saves the other day, so it goes at least to 1400. At around 2.5mb each last I checked though, I had something like 4gb in saves, so I deleted all of them but 10, now I just cycle the 10 unless I have a specific point I want to go back to.

Mr. Hunt
04-14-06, 11:27 PM
Also you could try hitting the `key (for the console) and just type:

/save "Main Char1"

You can put whatever name you want but remove the " " and make sure you put a space between save and the name :)

Good luck!

(yes you "can" name saves)

heh :p

I will try that next time... thanks.

gray fox
04-15-06, 08:06 AM
My 360 currently has over 530 oblivion saves spanning 3 chars but im not sure if theres a limit or if the save system is the same as the pc's

Tygerwoody
04-15-06, 10:54 AM
My 360 currently has over 530 oblivion saves spanning 3 chars but im not sure if theres a limit or if the save system is the same as the pc's
Well thats because Xbox 360 > PC

(muhuhahhahahaha)