PDA

View Full Version : PS3... needs a new case?

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
04-15-06, 02:44 PM
I dunno how legit this is, but check it out:
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/playstation-3-to-be-fat-and-retarded-166948.php

Gaco
04-15-06, 03:09 PM
If it is, Sony is in deeper ****.. But they'll make it eventually, just the name "Playstation 3" will doubtlessly sell.

I'm not saddened by this news as Microsoft will gain a more remarkable lead, which I think is neccesary for a more equal battle in this generation. But I really do pray for Nintendo :)

Knot3D
04-15-06, 03:15 PM
Lol. There's so much BS mudslinging/rumours towards PS3 going on recently.

The truth will be revealed with time. Until then, I see alot of ppl anxious for
Sony to go flat on it's face.

AthlonXP1800
04-15-06, 03:53 PM
Yes it completed loaded of BS, the Xbox 360 prototype and Microsoft kid tested games on beta console case that was roughly 2 times larger than the final retail console case size.

Bad_Boy
04-15-06, 06:05 PM
Kotaku. nuff said.

npras42
04-15-06, 07:12 PM
That article also says that there will be no PS3s at E3! Is that true???

Bad_Boy
04-15-06, 10:28 PM
That article also says that there will be no PS3s at E3! Is that true???
Sure isnt. Kojima @ e3 ftw! (nana2) (nana2)

toxikneedle
04-15-06, 10:31 PM
They said the actual final PS3 won't be there, doesnt mean they wont have PCs running PS3 games with a controller there.

keith33
04-15-06, 11:30 PM
Sony will make money on this thing no matter when they release it, but they can't relish the idea of Microsoft eating up the market while they're stuck developing the console.... still.

Nv40
04-16-06, 02:42 PM
I dont like the PS3 case... that much.. You cant even place anything on top. because of its curved surface. i will like better a big flat case ,with enough space inside for air ventilation .

Hope the rumours of the OS taking so much resources is not corrrect. Who cares about the real time email crap when your are playing your games..? for real important messages there is something called cellphones that anyone can contact you.Its makes me angry that the idea that any idiot with high degress in business administration can ruin a *gaming console* by adding non gaming "Features" just because its another check list for their marketing department.

Any executives responsible for that terrible idea ,even if it takes less than 1% of more resources should be fired since its in the wrong business. in fact the other way will be a feature ,the ability to NOT be disturbed while your are playing your games.

Bad_Boy
04-16-06, 06:19 PM
I think its a pretty cool idea. Multitasking on consoles. Its inevitable that consoles would become more like PC's but as long its tasteful, im ok with that.

Tasteful meaning, if someone emails me during a game, if only a small logo comes up on the screen for like 5-10 seconds signifying that I have mail, and i can choose to press, lets say the select button for example, to pop up the UI to answer it or not. I wouldnt want like a HUGE menu to pop up right when I get a email, which would ruin my fun, especially in a fast paced racing game. (kinda like when your playing with your friend in a fast racing game, and he pauses it out of no where, sorta making you loose track/concentration of the race)

I dunno about you, but I like the idea of voice chatting, video chatting, emailing, all in the living room, just as long as its tasteful. And there are specific settings people can turn off, like accepting emails in the middle of a game like for nv40's example. If the OS does indeed use that much memory, I think its basically for to the eyetoy video chats which could take up a bunch if its indeed a high quality video stream, web browser- which can take like 100mb on my computer on firefox, or watching a blu-ray movie, and that the OS is always in the background while playing games.

Im sure hope we find more about the OS at e3, speculation is naughty. (pirate)

Until then, this should be a little hint of what Sony is trying to do. I'm sure some of you remember the survey that came out a while ago...

* 1. On a typical day, how often do you play games online?
* 2. Do you own a PSP?
* 3. What is your preferred Online gaming format?
* 4. What Online Gaming Formats do you own?
* 5. Do you think you will purchase a PS3?
* 6. A single identity and password for all online games?
* 7. Global Lobbies allowing you to play against anyone in the world?
* 8. Game Lobbies should be language based. (English, French, German etc)
* 9. Game Lobbies should be based geographically.
* 10. A standard, interactive lobby structure for all games.
* 11. Headset support in all online games?
* 12. A QWERTY keyboard as standard for messaging.
* 13. USB Keyboard support for every online title.
* 14. Friend List allowing you to see online/offline status?
* 15. Friend List allowing you to see what game your friends are playing?
* 16. Private Messaging across games?
* 17. A feedback rating allowing you to choose who you play against?
* 18. Ability to remove players out via a majority vote?
* 19. Game Host has the ability to remove players?
* 20. Automatically filter opponents based on connection quality?
* 21. The ability to download music, game demos and other content?
* 22. Ability to access the dedicated game forum whilst in game?
* 23. Ability to take screenshots during the game and share them with friends?
* 24. Ability to take movie clips in game and share them with friends?
* 25. Ability to play my music during a game?
* 26. An in game grief reporting system?
* 27. Ability to access and manage your gaming profile via PC, PSP as well as PS3?
* 28. Community features without the need for a game disc.
* 29. Ability to choose an Avatar for all online titles.
* 30. The inclusion of a web browser.
* 31. A specific lobby only for Adults.
* 32. Service should feature a Global Ranking system for each game.
* 33. Game Lobbies should be Eyetoy compatible.

S.I.N
04-16-06, 07:04 PM
More room you say?(pirate)
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=17561&stc=1&d=1145228547
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=17562&stc=1&d=1145228547

Badboy_12345
04-16-06, 07:33 PM
I think its a pretty cool idea. Multitasking on consoles. Its inevitable that consoles would become more like PC's but as long its tasteful, im ok with that.

Tasteful meaning, if someone emails me during a game, if only a small logo comes up on the screen for like 5-10 seconds signifying that I have mail, and i can choose to press, lets say the select button for example, to pop up the UI to answer it or not. I wouldnt want like a HUGE menu to pop up right when I get a email, which would ruin my fun, especially in a fast paced racing game. (kinda like when your playing with your friend in a fast racing game, and he pauses it out of no where, sorta making you loose track/concentration of the race)

I dunno about you, but I like the idea of voice chatting, video chatting, emailing, all in the living room, just as long as its tasteful. And there are specific settings people can turn off, like accepting emails in the middle of a game like for nv40's example. If the OS does indeed use that much memory, I think its basically for to the eyetoy video chats which could take up a bunch if its indeed a high quality video stream, web browser- which can take like 100mb on my computer on firefox, or watching a blu-ray movie, and that the OS is always in the background while playing games.

Im sure hope we find more about the OS at e3, speculation is naughty. (pirate)

the x360 has most of that already :p
and an "eyetoy" type of thing is coming out soon

a12ctic
04-16-06, 07:49 PM
ROFL are you serious? My god, which product that microsoft has released is 100% their idea? They have less inovation than any company ive ever seen...

Bad_Boy
04-16-06, 08:30 PM
Thats cool, havent heard about that xbox eyetoy since the 360 was formally announced. (do you know if its high res/hd like the eyetoy "2") I'm really interested in the way Sony implements alot of "Live"'s ideas, whats one thing is to copy another thing, but if you copy something and improve on it, it makes it all the better.

kev13dd
04-16-06, 08:31 PM
ROFL are you serious? My god, which product that microsoft has released is 100% their idea? They have less inovation than any company ive ever seen...
And yet if they left out those features they'd be called crap. It's a lose lose, at least they are giving the consumers what they want

K

Q
04-16-06, 08:33 PM
Who needs inovation when you can take someone else's idea and make it significantly better than the original?

Nutty
04-16-06, 08:38 PM
Who needs inovation when you can take someone else's idea and make it significantly better than the original?

Worked for AMD.

Edge
04-17-06, 08:56 AM
What ideas haven't already been done by now? I mean really, we've had analog sticks since the early '80s, handhelds with touch screens in 1997, game download programs from 4 console generations ago, and physics in games since the late 90s. How many ideas are original anymore?

|MaguS|
04-17-06, 09:13 AM
What ideas haven't already been done by now? I mean really, we've had analog sticks since the early '80s, handhelds with touch screens in 1997, game download programs from 4 console generations ago, and physics in games since the late 90s. How many ideas are original anymore?

A game completly derived off Boss battles and a game that requires to you rebuild the stars by rolling up everything with your magical ball. Atleast I can't think of any other games that use those ideas....

Oh and a digital camera that puts you directly into the game, don't know any other console other then the PS2 that has something like Eyetoy. No the GBA Camera just took pictures, didn't have any gameplay benefit.

But I think the argument here is that people claim Sony is so unoriginal but like you said, everything has been done already. All there is to do is try to perfect or atleast add more to what has already been done by either your competitor or yourself. Everyone likes improvements over something that is already great.

Mr. Hunt
04-17-06, 10:35 AM
Yes... I like Microsoft and everything, but Sony is just awesome to me (aka my opinion)... like Magus has mentioned, not many companies would take TWO games and do sequels for them when the first ones sold rather poorly (Mark of Kri > Rise of the Kasai and ICO > Shadow of the Colossus. That to me shows them more supporting QUALITY games over "ZOMG IT SOLD 4 PEWP! FIRE EVRYBUDY!"

I just think their first party and exclusive titles are top notch and can't be easily matched. Xbox/360 has some good series (mainly Ninja Gaiden), but I just feel like the 360 is getting mainly ports of Xbox/PC games right now, and I can't stand it... it NEEDS more exclusive games for it.

Knot3D
04-17-06, 10:36 AM
Personally, I like the PS3's design. This report strikes me as odd though. Here we are now with the 7900GT's ; which are small cards which feature small cooling solutions.

I know RSX is not G71 but logic suggests they'd at least try to work G71's thermal characteristics into PS3, or something like that hehe.

Mr_LoL
04-17-06, 01:14 PM
So if all this news is true, it looks like the ps3 will be delayed especially if they are still bidding on components. What they are bidding on is beyond me. Just buy the parts and stick it in.

keith33
04-17-06, 01:43 PM
I heard the PS3 is being bundled with Duke Nukem Forever and uses the Infinium Labs Phantom Core. :p

|MaguS|
04-17-06, 01:48 PM
I heard the PS3 is being delayed till Xmass 07 because they are updating its GPU to the G80 and adding another 512MB of ram!