PDA

View Full Version : Connected my 360 to a widescreen TFT, what about audio? :(

ralinn
04-15-06, 08:38 PM
Hey guys, hope you can help :)

I've connected my 360 via the official VGA cable to my new TFT screen. The only thing is, my TFT obviously doesn't have speakers :(

On there VGA cable there are 2 Audio cables (L & R), but they won't connect to the TFT because they're for the TV (or HD I guess).

I have some 5.1 speakers for my PC but there are no ports for it at all.

Anyone know how I can either connect the 360 to my PC speakers (using those 2 adio cables), or at least hook my headphones up to it?

I've been a bit of a silly boy you see, I went out, got the VGA cable, got back... looked at my TFT and scratched my head... "aw ****, no sound!".

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Russ

H3avyM3tal
04-16-06, 05:51 AM
Well, Im assuming the 360 have an optical jack no? Try connecting an optical cable to you Audigy sound card.

ralinn
04-16-06, 08:07 AM
Oh right... you mean into the line in?

Gonna have to find a long cable because the official VGA cable is kinda short. Won't really reach between the monitor and the soundcard.

Cheers, I'll give that a try.

Edge
04-16-06, 12:03 PM
You'll need a converter that turns 2 composite audio jacks into a headphone jack (or plug, if you want to hook your headphones directly into it). What you're looking for is something like this:

http://www.worldofcables.com/oscatalog/CablesProduct/03179.htm

I got one from Radio Shack for $5.

Well, Im assuming the 360 have an optical jack no? Try connecting an optical cable to you Audigy sound card.

It only has optic audio out when you connect an A/V cable that has it on it. Unlike the PS2, the Xbox 360 console itself does not have an optic audio out. If the VGA cable doesn't have an optic audio out, then that won't be possible.

ralinn
04-16-06, 12:46 PM
All sorted ^_^

I found an extention for the VGA cable so I used that to get the phono cables closer to the soundcard. Plugged the phono cables into the Line in (using a jack that comes with the official 360 VGA cable), and yay! sound!

Cheers for the help guys :)

Jocomp10
04-18-06, 04:45 PM
It only has optic audio out when you connect an A/V cable that has it on it. Unlike the PS2, the Xbox 360 console itself does not have an optic audio out. If the VGA cable doesn't have an optic audio out, then that won't be possible.

All of the Xbox360 cables have an optical audio jack on their base. Or at least all the cables that I have do.