PDA

View Full Version : OMG Indigo Prophecy is the best game ever!

FearMeAll
04-16-06, 08:26 AM
Ok maybe not but I would give this game a higher rating than what it is getting on the review sites. I haven't had this much fun playing a game in a loong long time and I love all the interactive cutscenes. I am currently playing this game on the ps2 on a 65" television but it is also out for pc, xbox, and ps2. You do need a controller for this game as I think with a keyboard it may not be as much fun. And for a game like this you want to be sitting on a couch. To me there is no real graphical difference from the pc and ps2 version other than resolution and I would prefer to play this game with dual analog sticks.
I'm telling you...get this game if you have not already. I can't really describe what genre it is because it is so unique and the story is the best I've seen in a game. And you better have damn good reflexes as well. I think a lot of reviewers gave this game a little hell because they suck at being quick in the interactive cutscenes but I have it mastered and I have to say nearly every moment in the game feels tense and engaging.
The best way I can descibe it is it is like playing a game with tons of resident evil 4 interactive cutscenes with a ton better story. (RE4 is a different genre and a kickass one in its own genre as well!)
Also have a friend over when you play the game because it is also just fun to watch. Makes this game even more enjoyable.
I know this game has been out for a while and a lot of folks on this forum have sang it prasies but I was skeptical. To all those that still haven't played this excellent game go out and buy it now! :D

Mr. Hunt
04-16-06, 08:45 AM
I played through it on PC (the whole thing on keyboard... some of those sections got hard where, I assume on the console versions, you use both analog sticks... I had my keyboard set up all funky and so those parts SUCKED) and it was very well done... although at the end it got a bit too messed up to me... it turned into the matrix basically and whatnot... but I liked the way it played out for the most part and I hope they come out with a sequel that doesn't get so ridiculous lol.

FearMeAll
04-16-06, 09:13 AM
I played through it on PC (the whole thing on keyboard... some of those sections got hard where, I assume on the console versions, you use both analog sticks... I had my keyboard set up all funky and so those parts SUCKED) and it was very well done... although at the end it got a bit too messed up to me... it turned into the matrix basically and whatnot... but I liked the way it played out for the most part and I hope they come out with a sequel that doesn't get so ridiculous lol.
yeah duial analogue sticks are much better for this game. In fact I love all the action sequences. But yeah if I was playing it on a keyboard then well, yeah it wouldn't be as fun.

jolle
04-16-06, 10:32 AM
I didnt really fall for it, my brother played it with a friend tho.
Looks like there should be replays of the action sequences so they guy playing can se what happened too hehe, normally the acctuall player is focused on what button to push and sortof misses out on whats going on in the game.

FearMeAll
04-16-06, 10:44 AM
I didnt really fall for it, my brother played it with a friend tho.
Looks like there should be replays of the action sequences so they guy playing can se what happened too hehe, normally the acctuall player is focused on what button to push and sortof misses out on whats going on in the game.
there is in the bonus section you can just watch the cutscene without the minigame. I dunno. not for everybody, but I love it.

CaptNKILL
04-16-06, 01:42 PM
It was a pretty cool game. The end got way too convoluted though. The game should have been twice as long to accomodate for all the stuff they introduced in the last quarter of the story.

Overall a very good game though. I found the action sequences sort of distracting though. It was difficult to appreciate what was actually going on in the background because I was focusing on the flashing game of simon on the screen.

So some things could have been done better IMO, but it was good to have a decent adventure game to play. Its been a LONG time since I've played one that has kept my interest.

jAkUp
04-16-06, 02:15 PM
Yea it was a great game, I played it all the way through. Some parts were extremely tricky though :)

Lfctony
04-16-06, 02:46 PM
The later sequences were a bit tiring for me. They moved away from the whole detective concept and turned into an arcade game... It was a very good game overall though.

SavagePaladin
04-18-06, 07:14 PM
I loved this game. I'm still tempting myself to buy the European version.

FearMeAll
04-22-06, 06:17 PM
man...just beat the game and the last 20 minutes of it are stupid..it's like they ran out of time and it was all getting too expensive for them. I mean the game is just friggin great for the first 85% of it and then blah the last 15% and the excuse for the ending. The animations got worse right at the end too. Kind of pissed me off because the game was such a jewel at first to me. I think MGS2 was waaayy less convoluted than what this game did at the last moment.

Morrow
04-22-06, 10:00 PM
man...just beat the game and the last 20 minutes of it are stupid..it's like they ran out of time and it was all getting too expensive for them. I mean the game is just friggin great for the first 85% of it and then blah the last 15% and the excuse for the ending. The animations got worse right at the end too. Kind of pissed me off because the game was such a jewel at first to me. I think MGS2 was waaayy less convoluted than what this game did at the last moment.

Did you check the 3 different endings?

I agree the ending came fast but I nevertheless enjoyed every bit out of the game.

FearMeAll
04-22-06, 10:31 PM
Did you check the 3 different endings?

I agree the ending came fast but I nevertheless enjoyed every bit out of the game.
I just did the second ending a minute ago. gonna do the third later. Still a good game I just think the game ended too soon...

SavagePaladin
04-23-06, 01:57 AM
There were three endings? ****, I never even knew.

Gaco
04-23-06, 05:58 AM
I absolutely loved this game, it actually immersed me more than HL2 because of the much stronger storyline. I played it on PC, and I thought it was perfect. I got to utilize my 7.1 sorround (the game has good sound IMO - both effects, ambient and soundtrack) and 1600*1200 4XAA, can't remember if it supported AF - 100% smooth, it was a great experience..

SavagePaladin
04-23-06, 06:01 AM
I loved this game. I'm still tempting myself to buy the European version.
It'll have to wait til ya get another job, yo.

(Maybe I should go to sleep now...)