PDA

View Full Version : The Official "What's your game of the moment thread" ?

Pages : [1] 2

DJ Egg
04-16-06, 12:29 PM
Can't remember if this has been done before but anyway, let's make it official.

So what games are you playing ? Specify the game, platform it runs on and genre (or what it's about).

Me : Onimusha 2, PS2, Action game.

I've finally dropped MOH (too sick of the controls, they were driving me nuts) so I started Onimusha 2. Good so far but very similar to the first and suffering from the "Boss from Capcom Games" syndrom (ie boss comes back three or four times in the game). Apart from that, slashing demons is cool

Your turn

|MaguS|
04-16-06, 12:32 PM
Didn't we have a thread like this already?

Anyway...

Im currently juggling Oblivion, Dungeons and Dragons: Online, Radiata Stories (PS2) and actually trying to complete the .Hack Games (Im on Part 3).

Got alot more games lined up but not enough time, too much school recently.

CaptNKILL
04-16-06, 12:45 PM
Oblivion and some Crashday

Thats about it.

six_storm
04-16-06, 12:53 PM
World of Warcraft :D

Riptide
04-16-06, 01:47 PM
Serious Sam 2.

Then I'll give WoW a try. And you may never hear from me again. :D

Marvel_us
04-16-06, 01:50 PM
Oblivion and TR. Soon to be full time GRAW.;)

Elvin Presler
04-16-06, 02:04 PM
Serious Sam 2.

Then I'll give WoW a try. And you may never hear from me again. :D

Yes, because you'll be stuck repeating the log in process over and over, watching it sit on "Authenticating...." for 15 minutes, then "Handshaking...." for 15 minutes, then "Disconnected from server".

If you ever do get logged in, and you manage to stay connected through the 20 minute to 2 hours queue to get in, you can go up to an NPC vendor to repair and sell the junk loot in your bags and click the loot, see it turn gray....then just sit there for 15 minutes while the database servers lag into eternity.

About this time you'll be dropped to the Login Screen again with "Disconnected from server" and you can start all over! It's such a challenging game!

Next your Realm Server will be taken down for "emergency maintainence" or for no announced reason at all for the second time today, 13th time this week, and you get to wait about 2 - 12 hours for it to come back up. Then repeat the login process again for about 3 more hours! You'll love it, and Blizzard will love taking your money and giving you almost no gametime at all for it!

WoW = Just say no!

PS: I am not even exagerating.

Back on topic. I played Tomb Raider Legend, finished that little fragment of a game in 6 hours and am now playing through the entire Silent Hill series in order. Silent Hill is pure gaming ownage!

LT.Schaffer
04-16-06, 04:27 PM
Well at the moment
I'm playing:

Oblivion
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Star Wars Battlefront 2
The Movies
Joint Operations[Coop With My Dad\Mom\Bro]
Far Cry
Splinter Cell:CT[Coop With My Bro]
Serious Sam 2

aAv7
04-16-06, 04:30 PM
Condemned and Onimusha 3. Also just finally downloaded the need for speed underground demo now that I bought a 360 controller for my pc and I really like that game. Prolly gonna buy it this week.

Condemned is fun, its great eye candy, but unfortunatley, like it's brother f.e.a.r, the textures, environments, etc are constantly repeated. Like fear if you played the demo, you pretty much played the whole game. But i'm not complaining, I'm enjoying first person pipe bashing rather than shooting for a change.

Onismusha 3 is fun but im stuck early on in the game already. Another title thats great with the 360 controller (and running adaptive 6x aa/ hq 16xaf @ 1600x1200). Just gotta figure out what to do next.

I've also been going back to Quake 4 every now and then and re-running through a level here and there. That game was alot of fun, I dont care what the reviewers say.

SH64
04-16-06, 04:42 PM
Oblivion & BFME2

Subtestube
04-16-06, 05:32 PM
Just Oblivion. As soon as I've finished the main quest, I'm back to Civ IV.

WeReWoLf
04-16-06, 05:34 PM
Yes, because you'll be stuck repeating the log in process over and over, watching it sit on "Authenticating...." for 15 minutes, then "Handshaking...." for 15 minutes, then "Disconnected from server".

If you ever do get logged in, and you manage to stay connected through the 20 minute to 2 hours queue to get in, you can go up to an NPC vendor to repair and sell the junk loot in your bags and click the loot, see it turn gray....then just sit there for 15 minutes while the database servers lag into eternity.

About this time you'll be dropped to the Login Screen again with "Disconnected from server" and you can start all over! It's such a challenging game!

Next your Realm Server will be taken down for "emergency maintainence" or for no announced reason at all for the second time today, 13th time this week, and you get to wait about 2 - 12 hours for it to come back up. Then repeat the login process again for about 3 more hours! You'll love it, and Blizzard will love taking your money and giving you almost no gametime at all for it!

You play on Windrunner? We have all of these problems, but due to a lack of horde and interest, we also have no PvP since blizzard decided to "fix" it. We used to have plenty of horde, but then the realm transfer came along and the ratio went from 5:1 to 25:1 (Alliance:Horde).

SDinc
04-16-06, 07:49 PM
RO: Ostfront 41-45!

Riptide
04-16-06, 08:00 PM
PS: I am not even exagerating.Odd that. A friend of mine plays WoW practically constantly and has never complained about problems like that. You make it sound as if that happens ALL the time.

OWA
04-16-06, 08:11 PM
TRL, Oblivion, rFactor, and UberSoldier.

johnkeel105
04-16-06, 08:55 PM
I just beat Max Payne 2 last night. I am currentlty playing Battlefield 1942 and Call of Duty 2!(nana2)

MustangSVT
04-16-06, 09:04 PM
My games of the moment:

Gran Turismo 4
Call of Duty 2
Guild Wars

$n][pErMan
04-16-06, 09:55 PM
Civ IV

Muppet
04-17-06, 04:14 AM
Oblivion here, this game is so addictive i don't need anything else.

Peoples-Agent
04-17-06, 04:15 AM
Condemned and SWAT4 Stetchkov Syndicate.

Only problem is, Condemned BSODs again i'll start to get worried.
Very fussy and precise with how my machine runs and works, always uber clean.

Hoping it's the 84.21 drivers to blame.

PaiN
04-17-06, 05:31 AM
Oblivion...
I'm hoping I can wean off alittle when GRAW for PC is out ;)

Superfly
04-17-06, 06:09 AM
Oblivion...
I'm hoping I can wean off alittle when GRAW for PC is out ;)

lol - I should be finished with Oblivion before GRAW comes out.

Tygerwoody
04-17-06, 08:04 AM
Vanguard Beta :thumbsup:

Slybri
04-17-06, 08:31 AM
Oblivion

and just got Age Of Empires 3 yesterday. Pretty game!

Scunner
04-17-06, 02:03 PM
WoW - Mages rock :) Well... the ones that know how to play their class.
COD2 MP
Darwinia

and very soon Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. Sequel to probably the greatest adventure game I've ever played.