PDA

View Full Version : Black for xbox 360!?

t6_shadow
04-16-06, 04:54 PM
Hey guys I just noticed that black has made the xbox 360 backwards compatability list http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm I was wondering if anyone has actually played it on a 360 and if it works flawlessly. I want to pick up a copy but not if its rifle with problems as some of the other emulations have been.

Edge
04-16-06, 04:59 PM
From what I hear, it runs fine minus a few frameskips here and there. It has the usual enhancements offered from Xbox 1 backwards compatibility, like AA and upsampling. Here's a video of the game running on the Xbox 360:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9944&type=wmv

|MaguS|
04-16-06, 05:50 PM
Saw more then a few framedrops, as for the graphics boost, can hardly tell by the video if its even worth playing on the x360 if you got one.

Badboy_12345
04-16-06, 07:28 PM
well black was recently rlsed and making a emulation of a graphical game like that on the x360 in such a short time is a great achivement.

Mr. Hunt
04-16-06, 09:18 PM
I really wish they would get Silent Hill 2 on there :(.

kev13dd
04-16-06, 11:13 PM
From what I hear, it runs fine minus a few frameskips here and there. It has the usual enhancements offered from Xbox 1 backwards compatibility, like AA and upsampling. Here's a video of the game running on the Xbox 360:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9944&type=wmv
Oh god that video brought up bad memories

Plus who ever played the demo wasn't a very good player. Kinda surprises me since those people do it for a living

K

DJMONDY
04-20-06, 10:22 AM
Downloaded the bc update the other night and i tried out black.

Its very good actually. didnt notice much wrong with it compared to playing it on the xbox. only played for about 20mins though.

The main problem ive noticed is that theres black boarders on the left and right of the screen...dunno why, may just be my particular setup :( other than that its great ;)

Edge
04-20-06, 12:52 PM
The main problem ive noticed is that theres black boarders on the left and right of the screen...dunno why, may just be my particular setup :( other than that its great ;)
Try disabling 720p/1080i output on the dashboard, when the Xbox 360 upsamples games to those resolutions they retain the original 4:3 aspect ratio, but sometimes this causes widescreen games to lose their widescreen display.

DJMONDY
04-20-06, 03:17 PM
Worth a try i guess. thanks ;)

Half-life 2 and a few other games had the same problem though didnt they? but its been sorted out now on most so im betting the same will happen with black.

1337_Like_ThaT
04-30-06, 10:10 AM
I know this thread goes back a few weeks ago, but I just picked up the game BLACK and it is a very cool, fun game to play :)
I never thought I'd see myself buying another regular xBox game after having purchased 360 but I couldn't resist

Runs good on my xBox360 with no glitching or FPS drops at all, this is actually the first game I've played from xBox on the xBox360 platform and I was surpised to see how easy it is for it to run on it. I did not have the problems with the 4:3 aspect ratio either as some of you had and I run my display at 1080i