PDA

View Full Version : You cannot fast travel while you are being pursued by guards

Treason
04-16-06, 09:23 PM
I got caught picking the lock in Jensine's "Good as New" shop by Jensine, so I have a 5 bounty on my head. However I exited the shop just as the guard was materializing in thin air. I'm outside and I don't see the guard, but I can't fast travel anymore. So I walk all the way to Vilverin (the first bandit camp you see after you exit the character class selection).

I'm progressing fairly well after killing 5 bandits when all of a sudden, the imperial watch phases in! "Stop! Your stealing days are over... blah blah"

I'm running from the guard, picking up two bandits along the way. I then try to zone into Vilverin Canosel.

The XBox360 froze at Loading!

Treason
04-16-06, 10:05 PM
Ok I turned the console back on and loaded the previous saved game.

Everything appeared normal except the imperial watch guard who was pursuing me before I froze at the Canosel exit started walking back toward the entrance. He killed all the bandits along the way and did not aggro on me even when I blocked his path!

So I can fast travel now apparently with a bounty on my head.

Mr. Hunt
04-16-06, 10:38 PM
You don't have the 5 gold? lol :\

Treason
04-17-06, 06:14 AM
You don't have the 5 gold? lol :\

I thought whenever there is a bounty on your head, Imperial Watch guards immediately chase you on sight?

Instead they're giving their usual NPC greetings of "you have my ear citizen" etc. I can't talk to them though. It starts the stop thief! dialogue.

Gnu_Raiz
04-17-06, 07:37 AM
Yeah that is how it works, if you have a bounty on your head you should pay it off, or avoid the guards. Remember you can use this to your advantage, say you need some help clearing out a mine or a cave, just walk up to the guard in a new city, and when they give you the stop thief line run for the cave, I run deep into the cave get as many baddies as you can then run out. If you do it right and place your dude between the baddies and the guard, the baddies hit the guard and the battle is on.

If the guards like to shot arrows, just hide behind his horse, I did that and made the legionaire kill his own horse. Then I collected all the arrows and ran again. This works real well with will-ol-wisps, if you happen to run into one, have the guards take it out, it's fun to watch as most of the time the the guards will loose, and you get free loot.

Pepsiboy
04-17-06, 11:19 AM
Oh god Will-o-Wisps are absolute certain doom

Lucky for me i just upgraded to Mino's :)

de><ta
04-17-06, 11:25 AM
Found one thing that makes Will-o-wisp's a piece of cake. Cast a silence spell on them and then hack em away with a silver, daedric or enchanted blade.