PDA

View Full Version : 17" 1600x1200 Gateway CRT For Free

vgame64
04-17-06, 10:04 PM
Hi, I am giving away a Gateway VX700 CRT. It can display up to 1600x1200 @ 60Hz.

In the center of the screen is very minor burn in from the self test screen that runs when no input is detected. I used the monitor with an Xbox 360 and my laptop and the burn in is not noticible with dark colors, and did not bother me.

Further specs are @: http://support.gateway.com/s/MONITO.../z0101712.shtml

It is a few years old and works fine other then the aforemention burn in.

I am in the Rochester, NY area, and do not have enough space in my car to take it back with me home when college breaks for the summer.

Picking it up from me is fine, or if you want it shipped, you have to pay shipping.
It weighs ~49 lbs. My zip code is 14620. I accept paypal for shipping costs (vgame64 is ebay account for some reference)

Edit: oh and please email me @ vgame64@gmail.com if you are interested.

Bad_Boy
04-18-06, 12:30 AM
Sweet deal lol, you cant beat free. Too bad im not in ny though, wonder how much shipping to NC would be?

CaptNKILL
04-18-06, 12:48 AM
Damn, Im south of you on the PA boarder, but I dont know if driving all that way for a burnt monitor would be worth it.

Thanks for putting it up though... you have no idea how many people would just trash it and say its worthless.

superklye
04-18-06, 01:30 AM
I really, REALLY wish you'd ship this, but sigh...bump for some lucky bastard in NY.

Airbrushkid
04-18-06, 02:50 AM
To bad it's too small for me. I'm in NY, but I like 19" and 21" monitors.

vgame64
04-18-06, 12:25 PM
Arite, well I gave the monitor away to someone who emailed me for it.

But do not worry, I have another Gateway 17" CrystalScan that does up to 1280x1024. This one has no burn in and works great.

Heck I've got a Gateway keyboard that came with that I never used I will throw in for free.

I do not mind shipping anywhere as long as you are willing to pay for shipping.

Just calculate the shipping to whereever you are from my zip which is 14620.
It weighs about 50 lbs.

Oh and yeah, I just can't trash anything that still works great and that at one point I payed $150+ for, especially one other people could use the stuff. ~_^

SLippe
04-18-06, 01:42 PM
Oh and yeah, I just can't trash anything that still works great and that at one point I payed $150+ for, especially one other people could use the stuff. ~_^
Yeah, I know how you feel. I'm about to trash a 100GB hard drive that I paid $150 for back in 2002. It's really not unuseable, just the Boot Sector is trashed. Guess I could use it as a backup, but I'm not that worried about. I may take it apart first. :D

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Edge
04-18-06, 02:06 PM
Damn, here I read the thread and went "Rochester? That's not so far away!", then I read the "NY" part and my dreams were crushed :p

Ahh well, guess I don't really need a new monitor anyway, so it's better that it goes to someone who has a better use for it.

That's very nice of you, I know people that would rather get rid of something out of convenience rather than give it to someone who could use it. I hate wasting things that I know would be of use to someone.

ViN86
04-18-06, 03:11 PM
im in NY too, but i already have a couple 17" CRTs sitting in my basement :o

seeker
04-18-06, 03:54 PM
The problem with USPS is that the monitor would be within weight allowances, but the dimensions are exceeded, and they do not specify a method to calculate the additional charges. I suspect that it would be rather expensive.

vgame64
04-18-06, 05:19 PM
In addition I have 5 more generic 17" CRTs (Gateway, MAG, etc) along with 2 brother laser printers that I think work, and 1 HP PSC that I think works...its all up for grabs