PDA

View Full Version : ForceWare Drivers? NVTweak?

twiztid
04-18-06, 03:06 AM
Just trying to find out exactly what ARE the Forceware drivers and do they differ from the drivers one would normally download from nvidias website?

And second, just started playing with NVTweak. Wondering what people would recommend as the highest OC settings for an FX 5700LE would be w/o requiring an upgrade of the HSF?

And also trying to find out why when i look at the AGP settings in there, does it say my OS only supports 2x max agp rate? I'm running XP Pro.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/twiztid69/nvtweak.jpg

|MaguS|
04-18-06, 03:17 AM
Forceware is the name of Nvidia's Driver set... they are the ones you download from Nvidia's website.

As for the optimal OC setting for your card, thats for you to find out. All cards vary in capability in OC no matter if they are the same or not.

The AGP setting in the control panel is bugged and has been as long as I have known, If you have 8xAGP set in your Bios then theres nothing to worry about.

jolle
04-18-06, 04:28 AM
They used to be called Detonators, ATis drivers are called Catalysts.
I didnt really get the point of changing it to Forceware, first time I heard it I thought it was something new in the realm of Malware or spyware..

NVTweak is just a graphical frontend for changing a bunch of Registry keys that unlock things in the Forceware driver controlpanel.
As Magus pointed out, the OC is hard to say upfront, Increase it by little and run some heavy game, or perhaps leave RTHDRIBL running since its windowed..
At first sign of trouble, anomalies or render errors step the OC back a bit.
Some games are more sensitive then others, D3 and Oblivion seem to be the more picky ones..

OWA
04-18-06, 09:06 AM
And also trying to find out why when i look at the AGP settings in there, does it say my OS only supports 2x max agp rate? I'm running XP Pro.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68195

SLippe
04-18-06, 12:10 PM
And another thing about NVTweak, you can Enable All Settings and only the ones your card can use will be Enabled next time you go into the control panel.

twiztid
04-18-06, 12:24 PM
thanks for the help guys, i tried the detect optimal frequencies button, and just worked from there.

loaded the optimal freq, loaded up BF2 and it was borked, so i slowed it down from there and got it working beautifully at 300mhz/530mhz then went and played BF2 for a couple hours with my settings turned up, and its working great.

SLippe
04-18-06, 01:43 PM
Good to hear! :thumbsup: