PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a 360 controller for pc figure out a good control scheme for condemned?

aAv7
04-19-06, 10:04 AM
Cant really perfect the controls, since there isnt alot of shooting, i wanted to put this new 360 controller to use and just hit guys with pipes that way. If anyone has a decent set of controls with the 360 controller, can u take a pic of the control menu for me so I can try those layouts? :)

RAY16
04-19-06, 10:12 AM
I'm surprised it doesn't come with a default profile for 360 pads considering the fact that it's a 360 port. Nice to see XInput is being used by developers.

aAv7
04-19-06, 10:55 AM
tell me about it.....the only game so far that has worked flawlessly with the controller and needed no set-up at all is the need for speed underground demo ....awesome game, such ashame I missed it last year, definately picking it up this weekend.

RAY16
04-19-06, 11:39 AM
Just a tip: I have a Controller-S, so I haven't tried this, but there is a modified version of Recl0uds XBCD driver that works with 360 controllers.

You can grab it from here: http://redcl0ud.1.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=1173

As for Condemned specifically, I imagine the best thing to do would be to find a scan of the controls section from the Xbox 360 versions manual. I'm sure there are some sites with scanned manuals, and if you can't find it them I'm sure there must be at least one person here or on another forum you visit that would be willing to do it.

aAv7
04-19-06, 12:00 PM
Thats the problem the game doesnt recognize all the buttons, only the two analog sticks and a right button for "fire". I've got a somewhat tolerable set up manually done, but blocking and drifting messes me all up and gets me killed to easily.

Ill try that download you suggested and also look for a scan of the 360's controls scheme for the game....good thinkin! Thanks! :D

saturnotaku
04-19-06, 01:34 PM
Just a tip: I have a Controller-S, so I haven't tried this, but there is a modified version of Recl0uds XBCD driver that works with 360 controllers.

Those are the drivers I use on my 360 controller. It remaps the triggers as actual buttons. Makes racing games a lot easier to play for me. I had no idea that the files were updated there. I'm still using 0.21 - no real need to update as the controller works great in most games I use it for. But I'll see what happens when I pick up Condemned. Thanks for that link. :)

aAv7
04-23-06, 05:13 PM
this patch didnt help me with condemned,any1 out there figure out a good set up for condemned with a 360 controller?