PDA

View Full Version : How do you get the Blade of Woe out of inventory?

sillyeagle
04-20-06, 11:45 PM
I never killed anybody but the Dark Brotherhood dude showed up one night claiming I did, then made me take his dagger. I want nothing to do with those dudes, and don't want thier dagger either. How do I back out of any association with them?

killahsin
04-21-06, 12:27 AM
run, run for your life, you cannot escape the hand of the night mother.

Sidric
04-21-06, 12:44 AM
Drop the quest perhaps?

The reason you can't get rid of it is because its a quest item. So if you dismiss the corresponding quest then maybe you can get rid of the item.

Demonic_Chronic
04-21-06, 12:50 AM
You simply killed a non-enemy npc and now the brotherhood wants you. If you want to be in it, go kill the guy like he asked. If you never kill that guy you aren't in the brotherhood and you don't get affected by their benefits/drawbacks. As of now you only have a standing invite into the dark brotherhood, go no further and no harm done, but you still can't drop the dagger.

**************SPOILER*****************

The dagger kicks some serious ass later on when the brotherhood unleashes it's powers

msxyz
04-21-06, 03:34 AM
Some quest items are bugged because you can't drop them even after the quest is finished.

An example is the Blade of Woe which can't be removed even after obtaining the highest rank in the guild, or the parchment given by the Gray Fox with the instructions on how to steal the Elder Scrolls. This sucks. These items are usually weightless but having the inventory cluttered with useless icons is really disturbing, imho.

Mr. Hunt
04-21-06, 03:45 AM
Check around for some mods... pretty sure I saw one once that would let you drop any item.

agentkay
04-21-06, 07:44 AM
An example is the Blade of Woe which can't be removed even after obtaining the highest rank in the guild.

Iīm able to drop it once I became Listener and was serving the Night Mother. Basically she upgrades that blade and until this isnīt complete, you canīt drop it. At least thats how it worked on my side.

However there are other items which donīt seem to be quest related anymore and canīt be dropped, like that unique black soul game which is used to kill the final bad guy in the mage guild quest.

DaveW
04-21-06, 11:32 PM
If it makes you feel any better, conversing with the old guy you are supposed to kill indicates hes a rapist.

sillyeagle
04-22-06, 12:23 AM
If it makes you feel any better, conversing with the old guy you are supposed to kill indicates hes a rapist.

Tonight... He dies. :D ...Maybe. Is there a downside to joining the DB?

Mr. Hunt
04-22-06, 04:50 AM
Tonight... He dies. :D ...Maybe. Is there a downside to joining the DB?

If you consider playing through the awesomest quests in the game a downside... then yes... but if you like awesome quests... go for it ;).

msxyz
04-23-06, 02:12 AM
Well, I found the quest line rather weak and uninspired.

The unkillable horse Shadowmere is a nice reward, though.