PDA

View Full Version : No mention of the new GR:AW SP demo on Live Market?

Mr. Hunt
04-21-06, 01:58 AM
I just got finished downloading it and going through it... much funner than I expected, but if I end up buying it, it will be for PC since it will have all the extra stuff... still a fun game and figured since I didn't see any posts about the singleplayer version, I would give everybody a headsup if they don't already have the demo/game.

ajay()
04-21-06, 07:46 AM
I'd not seen it, thanks a lot :) Downloading now.

gravioli
04-24-06, 10:28 PM
I'm glad I didn't buy this game, the demo disappointed me. The visuals weren't as great as I thought they would be and the control scheme sucked. Maybe I will have to give it a try again later. :(

Connaught
04-24-06, 10:38 PM
Is there a difference in the singleplayer from the 360 and the pc? think there is...also the pc version is all fps where as the 360 is 3rd person...could provide a different playing experience. I purchased the 360 version and dispite it only taking 9h to finish...still happy with it...very cool.

Oh and I think the graphics were awesome, considering the size and scale of the maps and the lighting effects of the sunrise/set are just amazing..

Mr. Hunt
04-25-06, 12:02 AM
Is there a difference in the singleplayer from the 360 and the pc? think there is...also the pc version is all fps where as the 360 is 3rd person...could provide a different playing experience. I purchased the 360 version and dispite it only taking 9h to finish...still happy with it...very cool.

Oh and I think the graphics were awesome, considering the size and scale of the maps and the lighting effects of the sunrise/set are just amazing..

Haven't kept up with it much really... but I think the PC version has more content... but I thought in the 360 version you could do over the shoulder or first person (or maybe that was just in the multiplayer?)... who knows.

|MaguS|
04-25-06, 12:10 AM
Difference is that the PC version is defaulted to First Person and also features more control for the AI Teammates. We are given a map like the original Ghost Recon. We also get the option to turn off all the HUD effects for the Single Player game.

And the graphics have been given a boost.

gravioli
04-25-06, 12:34 AM
Does anyone know if the 360 singleplayer demo was toned down graphically from the retail? The textures looked washed out and bland. Quake 4 on my 360 looked much sharper IMO.

Jocomp10
04-25-06, 08:20 AM
We also get the option to turn off all the HUD effects for the Single Player game.

You can turn the diamonds off in SP on the xbox360 version.

LurkerLito
04-25-06, 12:51 PM
Yeah I tried the demo thought it was OK. Now that starforce won't be an issue on the PC version I am thinking of getting it for the PC not the 360. Better interface (imho) on the PC and I'll probably be able to find it for $40 new instead of $60 so it's a no brainer.