PDA

View Full Version : A list of some of the rampant Xbox360 rumors running wild on the net.

ENU291
04-21-06, 09:31 AM
The Premium Bundle price will be reduced early next year to about $309
The Core Bundle price will be reduced early next year to about $199
The HD-DVD add-on will be priced at about $120 and will be released sometime in September of this year.
Webcam/EyeToy like device will be priced at about $60. It will also be bundled with a soon to be release webcam style game. The game will sell for about $100 (webcam included).
100 gigabyte hard drive will be made available. Price has not been set yet.
No Halo 3 until March 2007. Videos of the game will be released at E3.
Gears of War will have an official launch date of October 2006. More news at E3.
Xbox360 Tri-core 3.2GHZ cpu will go through a reduction process (90nm fab to a 65nm fab) which will reduce heat and power levels. This new core will also run faster then the current core. Consoles will have the new cpu installed starting early next year.
News on a reduction or total elimination of Xbox Live fees will be released at E3.

Don't shoot the messenger please. Feel free to add to this list when more rumors are found. ;)

toxikneedle
04-21-06, 12:05 PM
Yeah this was posted on some spanish forum that stated it was info from a microsoft employee. There are things that make sense there, but the exciting stuff is more worth seeing than reading, for example: new dashboard and halo3, etc...

mrrolf
04-21-06, 12:20 PM
I heard a rumor that the next-gen GTA might be coming to 360 first instead of PS3.

toxikneedle
04-21-06, 12:29 PM
I doubt it, unless MS pays em off a lot.... and I mean A LOT. They would be better off releasing for both at the same time.

Sazar
04-21-06, 12:38 PM
I just can't see them eliminating fees for live. A reduction will be more feasible.

J-Mag
04-21-06, 01:20 PM
I doubt it, unless MS pays em off a lot.... and I mean A LOT.

If any company can do it, it would be M$.

Marvel_us
04-21-06, 02:11 PM
If there was any chance Sony wasn't charging for their online service MS would do the same. I don't think the GTA thing is true. There may be a GTA killer coming from MS though.

H3avyM3tal
04-21-06, 02:41 PM
You know, MS don't have an infinite amount of money to spend... all they do is buy... They recently even baught the company that made Fable, right?

I wonder if their startegy is buying everything off...

toxikneedle
04-21-06, 03:05 PM
You know, MS don't have an infinite amount of money to spend... all they do is buy... They recently even baught the company that made Fable, right?

I wonder if their startegy is buying everything off...
It may only seem that way but it's actually not as bad compared to Sony who have a zillion exclusive titles, where MS only has a few. So they have to buy these companies if they wanna catch up.

Mr_LoL
04-21-06, 04:40 PM
http://selectivegamers.com/content/view/473/147/
More rumours there.

Mr. Hunt
04-21-06, 05:23 PM
I REALLY don't see those price drops coming true... not even a year after release, and almost a hundred bucks off both packages? Really doubt it, even with the PS3 launching in November.

Son Goku
04-22-06, 04:41 AM
I wouldn't give some price drop a year after release a clear cut "won't happen". After a product has been around for awhile, prices do tend to drop. $100 or so? Maybe not, but something perhaps... If what was mentioned in the XBox 360 CPU thread holds, and the newer manufacturing process does happen to allow them to cut costs a bit for instance, that could also come to the customer.

But unlike some, I won't claim any sorta inside info I don't have. Just a sorta common sense approach, at realizing that some price reductions, to whatever degree aren't beyond reason after a product has been around awhile. I wouldn't give a dollar amount to that though...

Badboy_12345
04-22-06, 02:20 PM
I just can't see them eliminating fees for live. A reduction will be more feasible.

well they must if sony does it. They have no choice, it would kill the x360 if they didnt and ps3 has no fees for playing online.

Bad_Boy
04-22-06, 04:26 PM
well they must if sony does it. They have no choice, it would kill the x360 if they didnt and ps3 has no fees for playing online.
I guess It would depend on how good sony's online is. Some like the claim it wont be on par to Live, or even close, and some claim it could be even better. But we just have to wait and see.

Brimstone7
04-22-06, 04:38 PM
I think that a price drop is based entirely on what the PS3 will cost. If it's going to be a $900 nightmare then there really is no point this Christmas. On the other hand, if it's competitively priced, even if it was something like $500 I think a price drop is possible.

Edge
04-22-06, 04:54 PM
I REALLY don't see those price drops coming true... not even a year after release, and almost a hundred bucks off both packages? Really doubt it, even with the PS3 launching in November.
Yeah, if anything, they'd just release a bundle or something to make it a "better value" while keeping the price the same. Maybe packing in PGR3 or PDZ with the console and a 3 month Gold subscription or something like that. They did that a bit with the original Xbox: remember the JSRF/SegaGT and Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds bundles? Plus I think they had a Forza Motorsports bundle at some point as well.