PDA

View Full Version : Fingers of the Mountain Spell

jlarusso
04-21-06, 09:43 AM
Does anyone have a character that actually has the 750+ Mana to cast this spell? Nice reward for the Mage Quest, but I only have 300 Mana at level 23. I am an Apprentice sign, so give me details on how you get that high.

I guess the spell is leveled, but 750? That is ridiculous.

de><ta
04-21-06, 10:55 AM
You should have got that spell earliers on in the game. After level 20 the spell is a lot more powerfull and requires a lot to cast. Some tips on how you can still cast the spell:
-improve your destruction skill, the cost to cast goes down exponentially
-create a spell that boosts your magicka, intelligence and wear something that boosts your intelligence or magicka.

Its a bloody usefull spell against Daedra of all sorts (storm atronachs excluded).

CaptNKILL
04-21-06, 10:59 AM
Get some fortify magicka\willpower\intelligence potions, or create some if you have a decent alchemy skill :)

Mr. Hunt
04-21-06, 05:19 PM
I really hate that this skill is leveled... I got it with my "assassin" after level 20 and when I started my mage I figured I would get it not knowing it was a leveled spell... bam I get some crappy 20 shock damage on target or something... freaking piece of crap :(.

Pepsiboy
04-23-06, 01:00 PM
Do you get that spell from reading the book? If so...that sucks cause it wont let me open it.

nrs421
04-23-06, 02:29 PM
Do you get that spell from reading the book? If so...that sucks cause it wont let me open it.

you get the spell after giving the book to erana and then going back to the mountain

jlarusso
04-24-06, 08:43 AM
Spoiler:

Actually, you get the spell when you finish the quest by perfoming the ritual (casting shock at the Stone). There should be a leveled limit with this item, but I am having the problem leveling too fast.