PDA

View Full Version : Enclave PC demo

Smokey
01-29-03, 03:01 PM
Caught this link over at VE3D Enclave PC Demo (http://www.3dgamers.com/games/enclave/)

Nice demo, great graphics, runs smooth on my system @1280*1024
Finish the Light campain to unlock the Dark. Gives you a nice look at both light and dark.

*EDIT* Thought it might be nice to post a SS, this is taken on my pc, specs in sig :thumbsup:
http://members.fortunecity.com/thesmokey/Enclave.demo.2.jpg

Smokey
01-29-03, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by KoalaX
looks good, how's the gameplay?

Standard hack and slash, collect gold pieces to buy weapons, armour. As you only get one level from each campain, you dont get to upgrade your gear, but at the start you can buy everything you need ;)

Edge
01-30-03, 12:14 AM
Wow, that does look nice. Is it like the Xbox version or did they change anything? At first I was thinking about geting the XBox version, but I guess I can wait for the PC version (I just bought a GF4 a couple months ago, I want something to at least use it darnit:-)

stncttr908
01-30-03, 08:17 AM
Wish I had the system to check it out for myself.

demonized
01-30-03, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Edge
Wow, that does look nice. Is it like the Xbox version or did they change anything? At first I was thinking about geting the XBox version, but I guess I can wait for the PC version (I just bought a GF4 a couple months ago, I want something to at least use it darnit:-)

I've read somewhere that their making changes to make it better than the xbox version.

demonized
01-30-03, 05:19 PM
this game looks and runs great on my system too. the game menu looks kewl.

nin_fragile14
01-30-03, 06:08 PM
Great graphics. The texture work is incredible, but the lighting is nothing special. Too bad the game isn't all that great... it's basically Rune.

digitalwanderer
01-30-03, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
Too bad the game isn't all that great... it's basically Rune.

Hey, some of us LIKED Rune! Sure, nothing really original...but it was a very nicely made hack-n-slash that I had a lot of fun playing!

The Baron
01-30-03, 06:58 PM
And some of us liked Daikatana.

However, I don't think those that did will ever reproduce. *cradles sword* :p

Smokey
01-30-03, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Hey, some of us LIKED Rune! Sure, nothing really original...but it was a very nicely made hack-n-slash that I had a lot of fun playing!
:D
It took my 10hrs to dl the Rune demo when it came out. I was in a Rune clan for about a year called Scarabs. Rune is still loads of fun to play, as I said, Enclave is just a hack and slash.

btw I still have our Rune clan sig pic I made ;)
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=67066

nin_fragile14
01-30-03, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer

Haha, yeah I know. Everyone at Rage3d seems to love that game. Never saw the appeal myself...

Smokey
01-30-03, 08:46 PM
Haha, yeah I know. Everyone at Rage3d seems to love that game. Never saw the appeal myself...

The appeal was chopping off your mates head then killing him again with his head :p

raystone57
02-02-03, 07:33 AM
Smokey,

Rune had some cool underwater passages, maybe Enclave will too. I'm going to dl the demo. By the way how's your Iiyama monitor? Mine's the non pro 450 so it's a shadow mask screen, not an AG (Aperture Grille) type like yours is I think. Mine has great color accuracy like yours but yours has brighter colors since it's AG. I didn't buy the Pro model because the two degaussing wires are too distracting to me, but I miss out on more vivid colors.

Raystone
------------------------
1.6 ghz P4, Intel d845wn mobo, Win XP Home
512 mb pc133 sdram, Radeon 64 mb 8500
19" Iiyama Vision Master 450

Smokey
02-03-03, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by raystone57
Smokey,

Rune had some cool underwater passages, maybe Enclave will too. I'm going to dl the demo. By the way how's your Iiyama monitor? Mine's the non pro 450 so it's a shadow mask screen, not an AG (Aperture Grille) type like yours is I think. Mine has great color accuracy like yours but yours has brighter colors since it's AG. I didn't buy the Pro model because the two degaussing wires are too distracting to me, but I miss out on more vivid colors.

Raystone
------------------------
1.6 ghz P4, Intel d845wn mobo, Win XP Home
512 mb pc133 sdram, Radeon 64 mb 8500
19" Iiyama Vision Master 450

I love my monitor :D I must admit, at the time, I read review after review and they all said this was the best. I wasnt aware of the lines, so ofcourse when I got it and saw the lines I was like WTF :wtf: But with the time you dont see them. Colour is fantastic, damn good with Nvidias digital vibrance ;) The monitor must be about 4 years now and I havent had one problem, I always use this monitor @ 1280*1024@100Hz :thumbsup:

Matthyahuw
02-03-03, 09:09 PM
the best feature I liked of the game was that dude had messy hair...

Nv40
02-07-03, 02:49 AM
Great graphics. The texture work is incredible, but the lighting is nothing special. Too bad the game isn't all that great... it's basically Rune.

basically RUne ? WTF..

RUne is the #1 single player experience on my list ,
for #2 place i have Half-life,GIants citizen kabuto!
and later medal of honor and ghost recon really great too...

and the multiplayer is awesome too..

anyone who has never finished RUNE from start
to end ,will never know how good that game was..

cant wait for another RUNE game (RUNE2)?
in the unreal2 engine...

Smokey
02-07-03, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Nv40
basically RUne ? WTF..

RUne is the #1 single player experience on my list ,
for #2 place i have Half-life,GIants citizen kabuto!
and later medal of honor and ghost recon really great too...

and the multiplayer is awesome too..

anyone who has never finished RUNE from start
to end ,will never know how good that game was..

cant wait for another RUNE game (RUNE2)?
in the unreal2 engine...

Rune2, now that would be sweet :D Dont forget about the Rune CO-OP mod, because of that Ive finished the SP game so so many times :p but I also love MP arena.