PDA

View Full Version : BFG or EVGA???

SnilloC
04-22-06, 07:28 PM
Don't know if there's a thread on this already but..... I'm going to drop the $$$ on the new 7900GTX in the next couple of days... What do you think is the better brand and why? I've noticed that the BFG is a bit cheaper and that the evga offers trade in/up and warranty seems better. Any thought would be appreciated.

Laterz from the snilloconator.....

Super KW
04-22-06, 07:46 PM
evga has a step-up programe and a great support :)

tacos4me
04-22-06, 08:07 PM
I've had a great experience with eVGA. Best tech support I've ever dealt with, they even gave me free overnight shipping after complaining about not getting my 7800 from step-up soon enough. :D You'd always have the option to upgrade your card if something faster were to come out within your first 90 days, too. That's probably the main reason I went with eVGA originally.

K-1
04-22-06, 11:13 PM
Yea, the lifetime warranty is nice, but the step up program was the icing on the cake that made me go evga. paid off big time too, because after 70 days of my owning the 7800, the 7900s came out :D.

SnilloC
04-23-06, 08:32 AM
Ok, Ok!!! I'm convinced... Thank you for the response Just ordered the 7900gtx... Can't freakin wait!!!

nV`andrew
04-23-06, 10:11 AM
awww i did not give my fan boy support to evga in time! :D good luck with that awesome card man

SnilloC
04-23-06, 04:29 PM
zipzoomfly $499 I hope that's a good price for the 7900gtx.... I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else....

jcniest5
04-23-06, 05:04 PM
Hey, if you are serious about it, wait at least 4-6 months, then buy the 7900GTX. That way, if a DX10 card comes up within 90 days after your purchase, you can Step Up and save yourself a bunch of MONEY! Yeah!!!! (nana2)

Super KW
04-23-06, 06:13 PM
Hey, if you are serious about it, wait at least 4-6 months, then buy the 7900GTX. That way, if a DX10 card comes up within 90 days after your purchase, you can Step Up and save yourself a bunch of MONEY! Yeah!!!! (nana2)

wait 4-6 months lol just for step-up
let him have fun for 6 months and he can sell it later

SnilloC
04-29-06, 01:16 AM
Hey NO card yet dammit!!!

Hopefully tomorrow....(nana2)

SnilloC
04-30-06, 12:46 PM
Well I recieved my card(evga7900gtx) on Sat. the 29th.... What a bad day... I own a Asus Deluxe MB and the chipset is water cooled keeping me from installing this card. I can't find a fan to fit and the original fan has been replaced twice...hence the watercooling. So what did I do I stepped up to the A8N-32X and woot.... This baby screams and beats out my SLI 6800GT config with this single card!!! So it turned out to be a good day after all just a long one...

Hey does anyone have any F.E.A.R benchmarks to compare to? I mean with everything turne on maximum, soft shadows, vsync the works... I mean crank it all up and see what you get I would like to see the performance out there. Or does anyone know of any good links....

Laterz from the snilloconator....

P.S. Forgot to mention this system will be obsolete in six months....lmao(nana2)