PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking my 7600GT

bosco989
04-22-06, 07:47 PM
I have an eVga 7600gt that came stocked @ 580 / 750 (x2)

and i was wondering with the NVtweak it detects optimal settings at 580 / 756 (x2) lol i thought that was funny but...

the highest i can go with out the test thingy saying my hardware can support is 610 / 785... i've seen other people get like 800~'s?

thnx(nana2)

tacos4me
04-22-06, 07:56 PM
It's luck of the draw. Your card might not overclock as well as other people's cards. Just start out at the detected optimal settings, and step the core/memory up at small increments, testing a game or two for a few minutes afterward to make sure you aren't getting any visual artifacts. :D

bosco989
04-22-06, 08:06 PM
okay thx... is it bad if i play for like 5 mins and sometimes the game lags for like 30 seconds and keeps going? this happens even in single player like hl2 and only when i have my card oc'd:o

edit -- and in css if the walls have a pinkish glow is that bad? i kinda thought it was so i stuck back to defualt and it went away

tacos4me
04-22-06, 08:12 PM
The pink glow in any Source game is normal. It's always done that with me, too. Just a bug with the engine or something. Just alt tab out of the game, and when you open it again it should be all good.

But that "lag" is not good. Does it completely freeze up? Your card might be throttling back becuase it's getting a little too hot. Check your temps. If I'm overclocking my card too much, it will do that as well. You might want to back the clocks down a little, and see if that fixes it for you.

bosco989
04-22-06, 08:26 PM
well the pink thing is good i got scared for a sec :p

But, my temps around idle can vary from 40 C' to ~47 C' and Load is ~55 C'

i have just been playing Half life 2 on 610/785 and i have had no probs :/

I guess it only happens in Css?

tacos4me
04-22-06, 08:39 PM
Thoes temps are fine. I guess it must be a CSS only thing, as I've never had it happen in any other game. Anyone else get random freezing in counter strike?