PDA

View Full Version : What is a INDI AVHD DVR 1394/FireWire Digital Recorder?

Digital_Trans
04-23-06, 03:10 AM
I friend of mine gave me one of these brand new INDI AVHD DVR 1394/FireWire Digital Recorder has a gift. What does it do? At the bottom of this item it says, "High Definition Digital Video Recorder" AVHD DVR DTVLink.

Product's direct url link: http://indigita.com/products/customsolutions/avhd.html

npras42
04-23-06, 07:03 AM
"High Definition Digital Video Recorder"

Not trying to sound rude but somehow I think this gift might have been wasted on you! :D

Its exactly what you just said. You hook it up to your TV and it records whatever you tell it to record so that you can watch it again. By HD, I assume it means that it will record HDTV in full quality, and not downsample it i.e. not make it look worse to make it a smaller filesize.

Digital_Trans
04-23-06, 10:56 AM
Not trying to sound rude but somehow I think this gift might have been wasted on you! :D

Its exactly what you just said. You hook it up to your TV and it records whatever you tell it to record so that you can watch it again. By HD, I assume it means that it will record HDTV in full quality, and not downsample it i.e. not make it look worse to make it a smaller filesize.

Yes, it was an odd gift item. However, It wasn't a waste because I'm selling it to someone who could use it. I don't have an HD Ready TV or subscribe to HD programming. I sure won't mind selling it! I can use the funds from the INDI AVHD DVR 1394/FireWire Digital Recorder to buy 4 gigs of DDR2 memory. Every story has a happy ending! :D

npras42
04-23-06, 12:43 PM
Well fair enough. You can get regular non-HD ones which are more like 80 (~US$140) if you did want a device to record your TV.

Otherwise 4GB of RAM sounds like an investment. Especially with Vista round the corner. Of course that all depends on what the rest of your PC is like.