PDA

View Full Version : Seems we finally have something better than Diablo II

pzGrenadier
04-24-06, 11:21 PM
Titan Quest, watched several developer's diary from here (http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=1903), seems to be quite promising. Just hope it won't be a extreme resource hog like Oblivion.

CaptNKILL
04-25-06, 12:02 AM
I saw this a couple days ago. Looks damn cool :)

|MaguS|
04-25-06, 12:16 AM
Wow, I knew of the game but the editor makes me want it even more!

superklye
04-25-06, 01:07 AM
I've read a couple stories about it in PCGamer and I definitely am looking forward to it.

|MaguS|
04-25-06, 01:08 AM
Looks like it might release in only 2 months (well 1 since April is almost over)!

28 Classes is just nuts though!

Tygerwoody
04-25-06, 08:35 AM
can someone post a screenshot and host it with nvnews? I'm at work and would like to see this game!

Tygerwoody
04-25-06, 08:47 AM
also, can someone post some text from the article? You guys have peaked my interest :)

nrs421
04-25-06, 09:04 AM
http://titanquestgame.com/screenshots.html

does that work
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=17737&stc=1&d=1145971142
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=17736&stc=1&d=1145971142

Tygerwoody
04-25-06, 10:20 AM
wow that game looks nice!!!

glObalist
04-25-06, 11:20 AM
Oh My Godz!

Q
04-25-06, 12:42 PM
Nice graphics... but how much more hacking and slashing can the PC take?

CaptNKILL
04-25-06, 12:53 PM
Heh, yeah... It looks cool and the graphics are fantastic, but I get bored to death with games like this. They are awesome for a few days or maybe a week but I usually stop playing like a quarter of the way through.

Hopefully theres a good amount of interaction and side quests in it though, thatl help a lot.

MustangSVT
04-25-06, 01:33 PM
Looks good, but just how good will it be? I doubt it's gonna be better than GW Factions, and Neverwinter Nights 2 isn't too far off either.

Nitz Walsh
04-25-06, 02:03 PM
Looks great, unfortunately the framerate really dives in some sports - dissapointing as the animation looks great as well and a choppy frame rate just kills it.

Check out some of the gameplay bits as well - the part where your trojan warrior grows himself to match the size of the boss is very cool. :)

Tygerwoody
04-25-06, 02:17 PM
immitation hack and slash games get old.

I can play diablo 2 to this day and STILL have fun.

Q
04-25-06, 03:04 PM
immitation hack and slash games get old.

Cup, I would imagine that someone with you limited intelectual capability would enjoy such mindless games. On the moon, you would be spanked with moonrocks.

I played a little bit of the first Diablo and none of the second. I wasn't really into PC games at the time and now when I go back to try to play them I'm always (unfairly) judging them on thier graphics largely. I've heard that there are some 3d/high res mods that help that out a lot...but I dunno. It just doesn't seem like that "deep" of a game. Admittedly, the millions who feel otherwise have actually given it a shot.

CaptNKILL
04-25-06, 03:26 PM
I got burned out on the Diablo 2 demo and I was already bored like a week after I plunked down $45 on the full version. Man did that suck :p

One of the few games I ended up reselling within a couple months.

Tygerwoody
04-25-06, 04:37 PM
I got burned out on the Diablo 2 demo and I was already bored like a week after I plunked down $45 on the full version. Man did that suck :p

One of the few games I ended up reselling within a couple months.
psst whatever. Diablo 2 is one of the greatest games in history.

I bet if i had a sticker labeled "Oblivion" and put it on a Diablo 2 box, then I gave it to you, you would say it was the best game of all time. :D

nrs421
04-25-06, 04:44 PM
i loved D2 i spent hours on that game....by the time i got bored i had 2 or 3 lvl 80 and above characters

CaptNKILL
04-25-06, 05:10 PM
psst whatever. Diablo 2 is one of the greatest games in history.

I bet if i had a sticker labeled "Oblivion" and put it on a Diablo 2 box, then I gave it to you, you would say it was the best game of all time. :D
Well, of course.

A sticker with the word Oblivion on it is far more interesting than aimlessly clicking 475,000,000,000 times in Diablo 2 :D

DiaBlo666
04-26-06, 01:21 PM
Well, of course.

A sticker with the word Oblivion on it is far more interesting than aimlessly clicking 475,000,000,000 times in Diablo 2 :D

its fun how you compare a 2k year game with a 2k6 full 3d game.. i'm just crossing fingers for an announcement of the d2 sequel at e3...

Tygerwoody
04-26-06, 01:39 PM
its fun how you compare a 2k year game with a 2k6 full 3d game.. i'm just crossing fingers for an announcement of the d2 sequel at e3...
He was just kidding around.

Honestly about the clicking you do in Diablo 2. I thought it was great. Its alot easier clicking alot then using your keyboard. Being able to play a game almost 100% with just a mouse is rather relaxing and enjoyable.

Even though Diablo 2 is over 6 years older than Oblivion. I still think gameplay wise, Diablo 2 kicks Oblivion in the nuts.

LurkerLito
04-26-06, 02:27 PM
OMG I just heard about this game today. I now can't wait for it. I have been waiting a long time for a newer diablo like game to come for a long time. I was thinking about reinstalling diablo 2 after I finish with Oblivion, if this game comes out on time I won't have to :)

Peoples-Agent
04-26-06, 06:19 PM
He was just kidding around.

Honestly about the clicking you do in Diablo 2. I thought it was great. Its alot easier clicking alot then using your keyboard. Being able to play a game almost 100% with just a mouse is rather relaxing and enjoyable.

Even though Diablo 2 is over 6 years older than Oblivion. I still think gameplay wise, Diablo 2 kicks Oblivion in the nuts.

I would have to agree, infact I have already got rid of Oblivion.
Not even kidding.

jeffmd
04-28-06, 02:52 PM
Yea, though diablos quest system is severly lacking twards todays standereds. Escentialy in order for me to notice an rpg anymore, it needs quest simular to eq2/WoW, Scripted sequences atleast part of the time is a must, and many class only quest is a must. Quest themselves need to bring in xp, making it an alternative to hack n slashing all the time, but not replacing it. Most games give quest but no xp, hoping that the monsters you kill will bring in the xp, this alienates any quest that might not actually require killing alot of monsters.

Tradeskills that WORK. Imo, eq failed (if only because it was so class and race restricted) diablo 1/2 fails, dungion siege 1/2 fails, oblivion fails, the ONLY game I have found that has managed a good system is WoW (I have not tried eq2). In wow, the progression of tradeskills, what you can make, the materials used, the way recipies are obtained is so wholy perfect.

Oh and for god sake, someone make a spell system that looks good. I suspect FF11 looks great, I havn't playd it really. but its freaking SAD that to this date, final fantasy 7 on the plastation dwarfs all current PC based rpgs and mmorpgs in spell effects.