PDA

View Full Version : Is my 7900GT CO SC faulty?

sirplayalot
04-24-06, 11:58 PM
I've been reading up on all these SC GTX problems and they sound exactly like what's going on with my GT. I get random 3-5 second freezes in the games I play. Just recently, all of my HD video content shows up in all purple! I am starting to think I have a faulty OC'ed card and I fear I have to RMA it to eVGA but their cards are on backorder.

I'm using the 84.21 WHQL drivers, I am going to test the 84.43's in a second...

K-1
04-25-06, 03:26 AM
Just recently, all of my HD video content shows up in all purple!

I've had that problem from time to time myself, any video files i try to play will come up with a purple hue. to fix it, i can run any 3D program (rthdribl for example), quit it, then when I go to play my video it looks normal. very unusual, but not a big deal, i've chalked it up to a codec or driver issue. happens most often right after i finish playing a game, but not always, can't quite reproduce it.

haven't experienced any freezing in games, however. i can play for hours at a time and it's as smooth as when i first started. er, not that i would ever play games for hours at a time *looks around with shifty eyes*. is it all games that give you freezing, or just certain ones?