PDA

View Full Version : Problem with cheydnhal mages guild recomendation

azale138
04-25-06, 08:12 AM
Sup guys anyway as the post states I have a feeling I ran into a bug, I have never been able to get into the room in the basement that the dude who has to give me my recomendation is in, None of th other mages there make mention of any special key or thinkg that I must do to access theat room I have picked all there pockets to no avail which leads me to belive that this door should open with the mages key but isn't becuase of a bug! s this the case I really hope not I don't feel like starting over again I'd rather wait to see if a patch fixes it. that is the last guild hall I need a recommendation for

Mr. Hunt
04-25-06, 08:31 AM
Have you tried to just open the console, click the door and type "unlock" (without the quotes)?

nrs421
04-25-06, 08:34 AM
Sup guys anyway as the post states I have a feeling I ran into a bug, I have never been able to get into the room in the basement that the dude who has to give me my recomendation is in, None of th other mages there make mention of any special key or thinkg that I must do to access theat room I have picked all there pockets to no avail which leads me to belive that this door should open with the mages key but isn't becuase of a bug! s this the case I really hope not I don't feel like starting over again I'd rather wait to see if a patch fixes it. that is the last guild hall I need a recommendation for

have you found the ring? once you find the ring in the well you will be told that the guy has fled and that you should check his bedroom.....one your inside you will have to search the room for the black soul gems and also his desk to get a message saying that he didnt write a recomendation...once that's done talk to deetsan and she will tell you she will write the recomendation

azale138
04-25-06, 08:49 AM
hmm no I never checked the well I have noticed that the wells really didnt have anything of signifigance so far so I kind of overlooked searching eveything like that as this game is so huge, I don't recall talking to anyone who referenced anything about the well hmm I'll have to give that a try. the reason I thought it was a bug is because no one talked about doing anything to access that room thanks

nrs421
04-25-06, 09:07 AM
hmm no I never checked the well I have noticed that the wells really didnt have anything of signifigance so far so I kind of overlooked searching eveything like that as this game is so huge, I don't recall talking to anyone who referenced anything about the well hmm I'll have to give that a try. the reason I thought it was a bug is because no one talked about doing anything to access that room thanks

it's a quest that the guildmaster will give you to get the recomendation....

Rolland
04-25-06, 09:51 AM
Go back to/in the well ;)

azale138
04-25-06, 11:52 AM
it's a quest that the guildmaster will give you to get the recomendation....

after I grab this ring? Because no one in the guild hall makes any mention of any quests for recommendation I know the guy is behind that door. thats why I thought it was a bug becuase no one says anything about it to me. So let me get this straight I have to get this ring that no one mentioned to me and then someone will talk to me about getting the recommendation? that sounds kinda wrong ? by guildmatser you mean in Cheydenhal right. I talked to all those dudes before ??

nrs421
04-25-06, 12:34 PM
after I grab this ring? Because no one in the guild hall makes any mention of any quests for recommendation I know the guy is behind that door. thats why I thought it was a bug becuase no one says anything about it to me. So let me get this straight I have to get this ring that no one mentioned to me and then someone will talk to me about getting the recommendation? that sounds kinda wrong ? by guildmatser you mean in Cheydenhal right. I talked to all those dudes before ??

you need to talk to the guildmaster....he will tell you he lost a ring and to find it at the bottom of the well....you talk to deetsan she will give you a key to the well and a spell....in the well there is a body with the ring on it....you have to carry the ring out of the well....be warned that the ring has a weight of 150 units...and so you better have a lot of space in your inventory....

azale138
04-25-06, 12:44 PM
you need to talk to the guildmaster....he will tell you he lost a ring and to find it at the bottom of the well....you talk to deetsan she will give you a key to the well and a spell....in the well there is a body with the ring on it....you have to carry the ring out of the well....be warned that the ring has a weight of 150 units...and so you better have a lot of space in your inventory....
the problem is I can never find the guild master I know hes behind the door that is locked, thats where the green quest icon is pointing. does he ever come out of there I ried sleeping there , waiting ect and nothing changes he stays in there

nrs421
04-25-06, 04:42 PM
then you have one option left....cheat

use the console command, Showquesttargets first, it should show a number and or combination of letters, thats your quest id, then once you know that, just type completequest questid and it should get rid of it. Or if you really wanna get fancy, you could just advance to the next stage in that quest so you can still get your reward, to do this, use the command,
player.setstage <questid> <queststageid The quest stage id is a 2 digit number, ie, stage one is 10, 2 is 20 ect ect.... Either one of those should solve yoru problem