PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2 Patch in the works - CO-OP!

Pages : [1] 2

CaptNKILL
04-25-06, 06:10 PM
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_042506

Community Update - 4/25/06

Attention Soldiers!

Although the 1.3 patch is still being worked on we wanted to provide a peek at what you can expect with the coming release:

NEW FEATURES

* Co-op: Co-op Mode allows you to play Single Player levels on the Internet and LAN with both AI controlled bots and human players. Several new options have been created that will allow the server creator to modify how the bots behave in game.
* Air dropped vehicles: Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to be dropped at their location.

BUG FIXES & GAME PLAY TWEAKS

* Prevented ban list from being cleared in the event of a server crash.
* Fixed issue with players not properly ranking up on servers where they continuously play.
* Fixed bug where friendly vehicles show up as valid targets.
* Friendly Vehicle lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles. The box with an X through it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.

Keep in mind this is only a part of what 1.3 will include. Our live team is working diligently to provide the best update possible in preparation for the release of the Armored Fury booster pack!

W00t! This patch is going to be sweet. I really missed co-op support in this game. It was a lot of fun in battlefield 1942. Im really glad they are adding it again... and for free too ;)

Its good to see they are still fully supporting this game even after anouncing the sequel.

retsam
04-25-06, 06:13 PM
i really wish they would add in vehical communistion vie viop. i hate it when im in a chopper with members other then my squad and i cant tell the chopper pilot were to go..

$n][pErMan
04-25-06, 06:23 PM
Yay .. this game might be more fun for once after a patch :p I like that air-drop idea a lot.

CaptNKILL
04-25-06, 06:27 PM
[pErMan']Yay .. this game might be more fun for once after a patch :p I like that air-drop idea a lot.
Yeah, its going to be fun to go into co op mode and have someone load up a humm vee full of bots then drive it undernieth the tank you just air dropped :D

K-1
04-25-06, 06:29 PM
holy shi-, air dropped vehicles?!? now that's gonna be interesting! about the friendly lock, i wonder if that means AA missiles won't go for friendly aircraft if they get duped by flares.

SH64
04-25-06, 06:52 PM
WOW shweet! i was looking a for proper co-op mode for a while now!!

jAkUp
04-25-06, 06:57 PM
Not bad :) Maybe I will have to get into this again, Co-Op games have been my thing for the last few months..heh

Banko
04-25-06, 08:30 PM
How can there be Co-op in battlefield 2? Single player is the same thing as multiplayer ?

jAkUp
04-25-06, 08:33 PM
You can just work together against bots, rather than other players.

supra
04-25-06, 08:36 PM
yay! dont need to use the CoOp Mod anymore (nana2)

Banko
04-25-06, 09:01 PM
You can just work together against bots, rather than other players.
I don't know how big of an addition this is then basically it took them this long to incorporate bots into the game? Pssh that isn't co-op.

Buenamos
04-25-06, 09:18 PM
I don't know how big of an addition this is then basically it took them this long to incorporate bots into the game? Pssh that isn't co-op.

ditto!

knghtwhosaysni
04-25-06, 09:43 PM
damn, and I hated APC's when they spawned far away from the battle, now its just gonna be easier to get one of those. :(
And where is the picking up of mines+C4 (claymores too please?) that they were gonna put in the last patch?

Anywho, I'm hoping it doesn't hurt performance too much :)

de><ta
04-25-06, 09:47 PM
Woot! Hoorah to be crushed by an air-dropped tank!

$n][pErMan
04-26-06, 12:43 AM
damn, and I hated APC's when they spawned far away from the battle, now its just gonna be easier to get one of those. :(
And where is the picking up of mines+C4 (claymores too please?) that they were gonna put in the last patch?

Anywho, I'm hoping it doesn't hurt performance too much :)
who said anything about APC's?!?!? I though this was only for jeeps and whatnot... if you are able to drop tanks and stuff this might acctually ruin gameplay.....

CaptNKILL
04-26-06, 12:47 AM
I wonder if they will add new base equipment that gives the air drop ability or if itl just be tacked onto one of the existing things (like the trailer).

Edge
04-26-06, 01:04 AM
The air dropped vehicle feature sounds cool. Now if only they'd fix my account so I could play the game.

stncttr908
04-26-06, 02:45 AM
A little kick in the pants for BF2, and just in time for the summer! :D

Sidric
04-26-06, 03:19 AM
wow . . . I might actually start playing this game again.

good to hear.

jolle
04-26-06, 08:31 AM
But there has been Coop all along, you just connect to the IP of someone playing SinglePlayer and your in.
I guess they are just making it official with some server options and stuff..

Airdrop veichles? hehe well they admitted that they are looking alot at ETQW in a PC Gamer interview about BF2141 (or something, forgot that year)

Tygerwoody
04-26-06, 08:57 AM
/still waiting on the bots mod for Quake 4 that everyone said would be out 2 weeks after the release :rolleyes:

jeffmd
04-28-06, 02:57 PM
BF2 is going to suck untill it impliments real wide screen support.. like all other games in the past year+ have.

Buenamos
04-28-06, 03:00 PM
BF2 is going to suck untill it impliments real wide screen support.. like all other games in the past year+ have.

The entire game sucks because of a minor aspect ratio problem? Thank god we don't have reviewers like you out there...

fugu_fish
04-28-06, 03:03 PM
* Fixed bug where friendly vehicles show up as valid targets.
* Friendly Vehicle lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles. The box with an X through it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.

Wow, that only took a year to fix. You just can't rush these things!
+ co-op against brain dead bots! (nana2)

de><ta
04-28-06, 06:24 PM
This so called co-op feature has been availble for a while now. All you had to do was to create a single player game while logged into your main account and get your friend to connect to ip on the splash screen.