PDA

View Full Version : Weapons & (Armor?) Cap @ lvl 20? But the game goes to lvl 50-52? Why...

Rolland
04-26-06, 09:16 AM
Just heard about this...is there a logical reason this was done?

What are we left with after lvl 20?

Just enchanting our lvl 20 weapons?

Rare/Epic random drops or Quest rewards that have better Modifiers?

Doesn't make sense to me, as mobs continue to lvl with us all the way to 50+(right?)

So the equipment stays the same but we continue to get higher skill lvls and more HP & Magicka?

If anyone knows more about the rational behind this plz clue me in.

Also I'm only lvl 16 atm (66hrs play time)/woot...was looking forward to the long road to 50+, but this kind of dissapoints me a bit. Yes I'm a weapon/armor loot hound...I mean collector

Does it really matter I guess is a good question to the higher lvl players.

And if it does, is there a MOD that could deal with this...or could one be made?

Is this why I've heard that the Main Quest gets harder the higher lvl you are?

Anyway enough question lol

Plz let me know what you guys think about this! :)

Regards,

killahsin
04-26-06, 05:40 PM
Weapons don't really cap out at 20. I'm actually not sure when or how you get the highest attack rating modifier on your weapon. Ive been trying to figure this out.

Rolland
04-26-06, 07:57 PM
So maybe it's the Weapon "types" that stop after lvl 20, but the modifiers continue..?

Sounds better than "weapons are capped @ lvl 20"

Though it would be nice to have a lot more variety :)

CaptNKILL
04-26-06, 08:25 PM
Hmm... I havent heard of this level 20 weapon cap.

Im level 25 I think and the best non-enchanted equipment I have seen so far were a few ebony daggers, the ebony longsword Im using now and a few bits of elven armor.

I havent seen any glass armor or even all of the pieces to complete my elven suit. I havent seen any bows better than my glass longbow. I havent been going into the oblivion gates though, so maybe the better equipment is all stashed in there.

If theres a level 20 equipment cap, I sure havent hit it :p

Gnu_Raiz
04-27-06, 10:00 AM
If you think about it, once you start to see Daedric armor which is the best class in the game without enchantment's. Then you really have not much else unless you start the enchantment's. If you have a full suit of Daedric armor it will weigh a ton, not much else for you to carry.

Their is stuff you will not be able to enchant, such as the reflect damage, and resistance to regular weapons. If you haven't found the amulet of axes yet you will really want that one.

I would just enjoy playing the game and not worry about a armor cap, or a weapon cap. With the sigil stones it's a good chance you can make your own anyway.

KatzZero
04-27-06, 10:31 AM
I use oscuros Overhaul ... i will only see the Daedric armor about lvl 40 ... lvled loot for the creatures and bandits ...
im 11 and i use a imperial armor ... of the kvath quest ...
I like oscuros a lot ... some places i canīt go cuz im too weak ... Iīm afraid to walk far from the road ... cuz i can find some minotaur and minotaur have a lvl much more than me ...
the default of the game doesīnt make any sense to me ... i donīt like a rat can have lvl 40 ... or the grand champion of arena lvl 10 ... this is ridiculous ...:thumbdwn:

CaptNKILL
04-27-06, 10:34 AM
the default of the game doesīnt make any sense to me ... i donīt like a rat can have lvl 40 ... or the grand champion of arena lvl 10 ... this is ridiculous ...:thumbdwn:
You'll never see a level 40 rat... by the time you get to level 10 you can kill low level enemies like those in a single hit.

Rolland
04-27-06, 12:34 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys :)

Yea, I'm still trying to "sift" through information and sites and forums and figure out what was actually ment by the lvl cap statement. Could be completely wrong I guess.

btw- The comment about Daedric armor...the stuff I've found so far are good but my Orcish Armor (Heavy) beats it atm

Maybe I'll find better Daedric as I go :)

Regards,

msxyz
04-27-06, 01:24 PM
I havent seen any glass armor or even all of the pieces to complete my elven suit. I havent seen any bows better than my glass longbow. I havent been going into the oblivion gates though, so maybe the better equipment is all stashed in there.
I completed my elven armor already at lvl 15 (helm included, these are pretty rare) and by level 20 I had seen all the armors in the game.

Warlords and ringleaders have items according to their level (which is usually 5 above the player's own). Pick up any cave with bandits in it and visit it regulary (every 3 days or so)

I know it's dumb, but this is how the game works

CaptNKILL
04-27-06, 01:41 PM
Im also using one of the mods that limits the good equipment that bandits carry (though it doesnt effect what levels of equipment... just the amount).

That seems kind of pointless to go mooching off of the same dungeon constantly to get all of the best stuff though :p

Rolland
04-27-06, 01:57 PM
You'll never see a level 40 rat... by the time you get to level 10 you can kill low level enemies like those in a single hit.

Yea, I'm pretty sure that animals and creatures don't lvl with you. Only the "humanoid" types do. (is what i think i read)

So like a rat will ALWAYS be lvl 1, Mountain Lion lvl 10 (or around there) ;)

So then the question is what mobs fall into this category. Like are Goblins, Trolls...and such (bi-peds) considered "humonoid"?

CaptN, you have any info on that btw?

Thx :)

KatzZero
04-27-06, 05:03 PM
when i lvl 20 .... the i killed a rat in one hit ... but he made me a good damage for a rat lvl 1 ... and the goblins always make a fair fight ... no matter my lvl .. this is disgusting ... no fun in this ... and when i killed someone in a town ... the guards make me pay a lot !!:D
why they needs me ?? the guards can kill all things in the game !!:D
Oscuros Rulez !!:p