PDA

View Full Version : Poor performance with 7900GTX SLI

sampoo
04-26-06, 10:01 AM
Hi All,

I sure can use some help.

I just bought 2 XFX7900GTX cards for SLI setup in my system.
Everythings seems to be configured right and the nvivia software recognized the second card and SLI is enabled. I run the latest forceware and used driver cleaner before installation.

When I play a game on high settings the screen stutters (hope its the right word). Even worse, everything seem to get smoother with my single 7800GTX I used before.

For example, I just played BF2 on a 32 player server with a low ping. I use to play on this same server all the time with no probs. Now with my dual 7800GTX cards the screen stutters and I get an FPS between 25 and 35.

Just for a test I runned 3dmark06 and my score is about 5900.

Do you guys have any idea what the problem can be?

Below my full system specs. I know my cpu is a performance bottleneck but still I needs to performe bettrer than this right.

2 * xfx 7900gtx extreme
asus a8n sli deluxe
2 GB kingston value
2 * maxtor sata in raid 0
enermax liberty 620w

thanks in advance for any help

|MaguS|
04-26-06, 10:08 AM
I blame your power supply... enermax... blagh!

(Sorry not a bif fan of theres)

Saintster
04-26-06, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=|MaguS|]I blame your power supply... enermax... blagh!

(Sorry not a bif fan of theres)[/QUOI

I agree . I have the same cards as you i run the ocz 520 w no problems here.

LabShark
04-26-06, 11:49 AM
What is your CPU. As of the time I wrote this - you hadn't included it in your post.

Do other games do this as well?

dragon_heart
04-27-06, 04:35 AM
ONe thing you should know is that dual core owners make better score in 3dmark 06 than monocores , that's why I prefer using 3dmark 05 to balance the results .

in 3 dmark 06 I made 6183 with geforce 7900 GT@660/825 ( single card )
didn't retry at my actual O/C

maybe push your CPU to boost sli systems

Burnt_Ram
04-28-06, 11:43 AM
Hi All,

I sure can use some help.

I just bought 2 XFX7900GTX cards for SLI setup in my system.
Everythings seems to be configured right and the nvivia software recognized the second card and SLI is enabled. I run the latest forceware and used driver cleaner before installation.

When I play a game on high settings the screen stutters (hope its the right word). Even worse, everything seem to get smoother with my single 7800GTX I used before.

For example, I just played BF2 on a 32 player server with a low ping. I use to play on this same server all the time with no probs. Now with my dual 7800GTX cards the screen stutters and I get an FPS between 25 and 35.

Just for a test I runned 3dmark06 and my score is about 5900.

Do you guys have any idea what the problem can be?

Below my full system specs. I know my cpu is a performance bottleneck but still I needs to performe bettrer than this right.

2 * xfx 7900gtx extreme
asus a8n sli deluxe
2 GB kingston value
2 * maxtor sata in raid 0
enermax liberty 620w

thanks in advance for any help
i found the best way to run BF2 is by making a custom profile. install coolbits first, then make a profile, and select Alternate Frame Rendering 2. i run @ 1600x1200 max everything and get between 70-100 fps ;)

robertonumeruno
05-03-06, 09:54 AM
dude unless you have like a 80" monitor and only 512 of RAM, framerates should be running as fast as an ethiopian kid watching a doughnut roll down a hill. I don't have your PC specs in front of me, but could it be that your GPU(s) now bottleneck the rest of your rig? I hope that came out right...

robertonumeruno
05-03-06, 09:56 AM
OK I looked at your specs and the GPU shouldn't be bottlenecking your rig... what processor do you have, and what speed is it runnign at? it should be the answer....