04-26-06, 06:48 PM
http://www.sinepisodes.com/index.php?blog

(nana2)

nutcrackr
04-26-06, 07:26 PM
They should let Steam users play it now then :(

aAv7
04-26-06, 07:27 PM
I love you jakup, but the silence in this thread speaks for itself.....the stu...stu...stu...stu...stu...stu...stu...stutteri ng source engine has burned it's bridges with most most most most most most most most most most most most gamers. I'm using the source engine engine engine engine ttttttttttttto type this out right nnnnnow.

saturnotaku
04-26-06, 08:41 PM
They should let Steam users play it now then :(

I agree. Certainly would get more people to sign up using Steam.

Peoples-Agent
04-26-06, 08:52 PM

I actually like Steam tbh, shame there wasn't more games that made use of it. All sat there tidy under one icon in the taskbar.

SH0DAN
04-26-06, 10:32 PM
cool ! cant wait! 'breaks the silience'

nutcrackr
04-27-06, 12:12 AM
Heh, I was only being half serious. I'm sure Ritual and/or Valve have signed their first born to EA if they release it before retail.

saturnotaku
04-27-06, 05:18 AM
I actually like Steam tbh, shame there wasn't more games that made use of it. All sat there tidy under one icon in the taskbar.

Again, agreed. I was in the Steam haters camp when HL2 was first released, but the more I used it, the more I started to like it. I think it's cool system and a great way to cut down on piracy. The only uncertainty is that if Valve ever goes under, what's going to happen to all the people who own games. Where the support going to come from, etc.

killahsin
04-27-06, 06:20 AM
http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?id=12042652 <- he seems sorta tired lol

Brimstone7
04-27-06, 07:56 AM
I think I'm going to buy this one just to see how their episodic content experiment turns out. As for the stuttering, it was definately worse when HL2 first came out but it's still around. CS:S and Day of Defeat don't stutter for me so I'll guess we'll see if this problem is local to Half-life or if it's more widespread. For $20 you can't really go wrong.

Superfly
04-27-06, 08:25 AM
looking forward to this TBH, Huge siN fan and the episodic idea isvery interesting.

Ninjaman09
04-27-06, 09:21 AM
Yeah I really want to try this out too. :D

john19055
04-27-06, 08:57 PM
I liked the game of Sin back in 1998 ,I thought it was a pretty cool game ,I hope this one will be ,but I really did'nt know it was going to be release a piece at a time ,I might have not got it but I thought $17.95 was cheap for a full game ,I should have read more about it ,but if it is good it might just be worth it,Time will tell.And now after all this helll with StarForce games ,I kindly like steam now ,at least it has'nt messed up not of my software I had installed.

john19055
04-27-06, 11:04 PM
Has any one downloaded all the prefiles of Sin Episodes.How large is the file ,It seems like I have been downloading for two to three hours and I am just at 64% ,my download not that fast ,It is downloading at 134kbs.

Superfly
04-28-06, 01:53 AM
I've been pre-loaded for over a week, cant remember how big the file is.

Morrow
04-28-06, 03:41 AM
The preload is aroung 2,35gb big and includes 12 levels (1 level is actually divided into 5 small hubs/maps), 3 intro levels (don't know whether they are interactive or non-interactive) and 6 different animated menu backgrounds

BioHazZarD
04-28-06, 09:11 AM
The preload is aroung 2,35gb big and includes 12 levels (1 level is actually divided into 5 small hubs/maps), 3 intro levels (don't know whether they are interactive or non-interactive) and 6 different animated menu backgrounds

Something tells me this first episode will be completed so quickly.

CaptNKILL
04-28-06, 09:19 AM
Does anyone remember the old Sin ads in gaming magazines like PC Gamer? On one page they would show a close up of something that looked like cleavage or mail genitalia, and itd say something suggestive about "Sin"... then on the next page itd show a big monster with a little box pointing out which part of it was shown on the previous page. It was usually like, the head or the foot... It was funny as hell :lol:

Inglo
04-28-06, 12:24 PM
Sin Episodes is apparently doing some re-updating on the pre-loading via Steam right now.
I had already reached 100% a couple of weeks ago and now it's at 87% downloading more stuff.

I imagine we can assume that the future episodes will not be as disc or bandwidth extensive. They should probably be like downloading mods.

nutcrackr
04-28-06, 11:13 PM
Gold podcast http://www.ritual.com/index.php?section=podcast/overview

(nana2)