PDA

View Full Version : I need your help!

Visno
04-27-06, 06:01 AM
Anyone able to assist me with being able to have the grass load in the full grids that I have? Example I have grids to load 7... I want the grass to load in all of those. I don't want the grass just poping up out of no where!!!! I've messed with so many grass options and I can't seem to figure this out.

killahsin
04-27-06, 07:27 AM
fGrassEndDistance=
fGrassStartFadeDistance=

You try setting those 2 to 2x the distance of whatever they are set to in your ini?

KatzZero
04-27-06, 07:53 AM
Put this

fGrassEndDistance=20000.00
fGrassStartFadeDistance=15000.00

this i think will solve your problem ... (but you need a pretty machine):D

Visno
04-27-06, 08:24 AM
No, that's doesn't help! I've already done that. I'll post a video with the problem.

Edit: Here is the video http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=3689451 Look by the stone and notice how the grass just pops into view.

sillyeagle
04-27-06, 06:42 PM
No, that's doesn't help! I've already done that. I'll post a video with the problem.

Edit: Here is the video http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=3689451 Look by the stone and notice how the grass just pops into view.

Yeah thats not normal, but I don't have the answer. Even with AA on my grass pops in one line at a time, not in a big chunk like that. With AA off and HDR ON it fades in nicely.

By the way that looks really good on your system, what are your specs?

killahsin
04-27-06, 09:52 PM
wait do you have hdr on? If i remember right someone had stated that they tested it and that hdr effected the way grass fades in/out.

sillyeagle
04-27-06, 10:54 PM
wait do you have hdr on? If i remember right someone had stated that they tested it and that hdr effected the way grass fades in/out.

Thats true, without HDR the grass just pops in, with HDR it fades in. Though on my system when it pops in it increments with every step as I move, in his video he goes a bit of a distance with nothing then a whole chunk suddenly pops in at once, rather than popping in gradually as he moves.

Visno
04-27-06, 11:52 PM
Yeah this is with HDR+AA6+ AFHQ16... I just wish I could figure out how to get the whole grid to load so I don't have to even worry about poping or fading.

CaptNKILL
04-28-06, 12:46 AM
Mine does this some times too, even up close the grass will just pop in in a large area. Usually when Im turning around or something.

Its really strange.

I havent seen anything that fixes it though.

Visno
04-28-06, 11:57 AM
This saddens me. :( Why have top of the line system when I can't show all the grass bleh.