PDA

View Full Version : Real revolution name?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bad_Boy
04-27-06, 12:36 PM
http://revolution.nintendo.com/
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9012/nintendowii21eu.jpg

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9200/nintendowii13id.jpg

the hell?

|MaguS|
04-27-06, 12:38 PM
Wow... thats retarded...

"Im going to go home and play my Wii!"

BioHazZarD
04-27-06, 01:23 PM
sounds more like a bad april fools joke.. they cant be serious with this name can they ?

Rakeesh
04-27-06, 01:28 PM
Wow... thats retarded...

"Im going to go home and play my Wii!"

I don't think you give your wii enough attention.

hordaktheman
04-27-06, 01:29 PM
Windows Me says hello.

Rakeesh
04-27-06, 01:34 PM
This has to be some kind of a joke or something. I mean I know nintendo is bad, and I always say how bad they are, but they can't be this bad. If this is real then this has to be the lowest point in their centuries long history or something. This is going to be a game console that you'd get beat up at school for owning rather than envied.

S.I.N
04-27-06, 01:44 PM
Wow! But I guess its the trend. Ipod, Ipod Nano, Dell Ditty, Vista. Nintenodwee will sell these things like candy. Who wants to take bets they will slaughter Sony and MS?

|MaguS|
04-27-06, 01:45 PM
I won't, thats a suicide bet, lol.

LurkerLito
04-27-06, 01:47 PM
ROFL that has to be the worst name EVER. Keep it as 'Revolution' at least it doesn't sound lame like Wii.

Ninjaman09
04-27-06, 01:51 PM
That's...interesting. :eek2:

zoomy942
04-27-06, 01:55 PM
i dont know about the name, but i like the things it repressents.

Talon
04-27-06, 01:55 PM
In the end it will be the games that sell me on the system but that name is just bad. From a marketing perspective it's suicide. Surprisingly horrible. :thumbdwn:

Zelda_fan
04-27-06, 02:00 PM
omg what a gay name. I'll still buy the system, but omg....

Ninjaman09
04-27-06, 02:00 PM
i dont know about the name, but i like the things it repressents.
Same, but I don't understand how even Nintendo's marketing team could think that is a good idea.

CaptNKILL
04-27-06, 02:05 PM
"Johnny, I told you not to play with your wii at night when you go to bed... youre supposed to be sleeping!"

Zelda_fan
Same, but I don't understand how even Nintendo's marketing team could think that is a good idea.

Honestly, the symbol looks cool, but the way it's pronounced is just reatarted

Rakeesh
...you know, I keep thinking this over, and I still don't buy it. I mean honestly, this is going to turn this company into a laughing stock if the name sticks. It's also going to add to those japanese stereotypes. People would shy away from it in huge numbers.

Ninjaman09
04-27-06, 02:10 PM
Honestly, the symbol looks cool, but the way it's pronounced is just reatarted
Yeah I thought so too! I'm sure the system will have a very slick aesthetic but Nintendo is really shooting themselves in the foot here from a marketing standpoint for their U.S. business. On the other hand, maybe this is part of a broader plan to expand beyond the traditional gamer demographic.

Of course that doens't change the fact that the name of their system is also childish slang for male genitals.

Nutty
04-27-06, 02:12 PM
Yeah I thought so too! I'm sure the system will have a very slick aesthetic but Nintendo is really shooting themselves in the foot here from a marketing standpoint for their U.S. business. On the other hand, maybe this is part of a broader plan to expand beyond the traditional gamer demographic.

Of course that doens't change the fact that the name of their system is also childish slang for male genitals.

No, its British slang for piss.

Ninjaman09
04-27-06, 02:18 PM
No, its British slang for piss.
Yeah it's American slang for piss too. There are certainly several vulgar uses you can make of the word. :D

They may as well sell it as the Nintendo Urinator in the US/UK and at least remove the ambiguity.

This article sums it up well:
However, the name is unlikely to go down well across the large swathes of the English-speaking world - including the United Kingdom - where "wee" is a very common children's slang phrase for the act of urination. In Scotland and Ireland, however, the diminutive console will at least be appropriately named, as "wee" is a word meaning "small" in the vernacular of those regions

ENU291
04-27-06, 03:10 PM
Don't touch my Wii Wii :naughty: (pimp)

CaptNKILL
04-27-06, 03:33 PM
They may as well sell it as the Nintendo Urinator in the US/UK and at least remove the ambiguity.

:rofl

Nintendo Piss Cube?

Sazar
04-27-06, 03:46 PM
Hmm, seeing as how small it is, it's a wonder they didn't call it a Mini-Wii

Rakeesh
04-27-06, 03:51 PM
I guess their slogan could be "size doesn't matter."

CaptNKILL
04-27-06, 03:51 PM
Hmm, seeing as how small it is, it's a wonder they didn't call it a Mini-Wii
:rofl

I bet the controllers will be called the Wii Jerk (motion sensitive controller) and the Wii Stick (the remote type thing).